mans Facebook ?

edited October 2012 in Giving birth
Some guy posted this on Facebook. I just wanted to see what u ladies thought about it.

** . (for the women) my wife jus gave birth thru c section and i was with her all day i felt bad as i had to watch the nurses keep uncovering her and wiping her and everything do women find this degrading to have to let ppl do this for them after birth or is it just me i just couldnt help to think it would be am i on the only one who thinks this or have there been others i could really use a womans perspective.....thanx**

Comments

• -____-he obviously doesnt know how bad a c section hurts..bastard..
  • @SalasMommy I'm thinking the same thing...Every woman needs all the help that she can get, especially after a csection! I fainted when I first got up after I had mine and, trust me, nothing about all the nurses help was degrading to me!
  • Right and if he felt that way y didn't he help his wife!! I've never had a csection but I didn't find it degrading when they helped me with my vaginal births.
  • edited October 2012
    I think he's ignorant (as the the majority of men are) about the female anatomy and what care is required after a c-section. He may be in for a surprise when they get home and he finds himself having to do more than he expected.

I personally think he was clueless and was trying to find out if his wife's privacy was invaded. I'm sure he'll get negative feedback for his poor choice of words, but I'm sure he'll find what he's after, which he didn't expect -- that it's normal.

On a final note, I wonder how he would have felt had his wife had a vaginal birth.
  • I think It's sweet he's caring about his wife.:)
  • My last c section i needed no nurse assistance.
  • I would say its not degrading if you can't do it you can't do it! If you think about men don't have babies but if he lives long enough he will probably need someone to wipe his a** also but this is there job to take care of you so why feel degraded maybe it will be uncomfortable if you are the type to want to do for yourself but hey you either swallow your pride or stay pissy or s***ty lol I would rather swallow my pride!
  • I think he was really concerned. but yes, the help helped.