Losing My Sanity

edited October 2012 in Sleep
If I don't get a handle on this I'm going to lose my mind. Keegan (1 next week) used to sleep through the night perfectly. We bring Troy home, she wakes up 2-3 times. Its not Troy's fault Shea waking up. He doesn't cry or fuss to wake her up. Its like she "senses" I'm up with him. Everytime I'm in the middle of feeding him in the middle of the night, here Keegan starts in crying. She uaed to be able to find her foof and go back to sleep on her own. Not anymore. She just whines until I go get her. So then Im rocking her with Troy in his bassinet beside us. He starts whining because he didn't get to finish eating before I had to go get her.. so he's whiny, keeping Keegan up even longer. I'd be perfectly fine with them getting up at different times. I could quickly get them back to sleep if it were just one of them.. but both at the same time is a 2 hr process. I was sure in thr beginning teething getting a new tooth was why she was waking up, but its been 10 days now of her waking up (and I give her teething medicine before bed).

Any suggestions/tips/advice? Also, Wesley works nights (9p-7a) so I'm home alone with them at night.

@wilsomom I know (well think I know) you have multiple small children.. ever run into this problem?

Comments

• The only thing I could think of would be leave the oldest to cry it out and after a few nights she would go back to normal. Maybe give her extra attention during the day so she learns her special time is day time and babys is night time.
  • My daughter did this and we let her cry it out and she cut it out after two days! I agree with trying it- if it doesn't work, no harm done!
  • Maybe just leave keegan until you have troy fed and back to sleep then tend to her.
  • @morgdeebee yea thats what im doing now.. Keegan sits in the chair with me until she's fed and back asleep then its her turn. I just feel bad she has to sit there an hour in the middle of the night before she can get back to sleep. I need two of me. Lol.
  • Leave Keegan until Troy is fed, at least. If it makes you feel a little better, quietly feed Troy in there with her and sing a lullaby. She's knows how to soothe herself back to sleep, she's probably only doing this because things have changed. Or, if you can handle it for a few nights, just let her cry herself back to sleep. She'll be okay!
  • Iif you feed TROY IN KEEGAN'S ROOM, JUST DON'T GET HER OUT OF HER BED.. THAT'S IMPORTANT.

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS, I'M NOT TRYING TO YELL, LOL, MY PHONE IS STUPID AND GETS STUCK IN CAPS SOMETIMES.
  • Omg im starting to worry my son is 18months and wakes up twice in the middle of the night for a bottle I dont know how I'm going to handle a newborn and him =O they both need a lot of attention
  • @lucyloo288 I hadn't thought of feeding him in there. We have a song we sing at bedtime. I could do that while I feed him. Good idea! Woth a try!

@salasmommy You'll be ok if they get up at different times. It'd be much easier, you just wouldn't sleep much. But its NO fun when they're both up.
  • I'm of the cry it out method...IF giving them the pacifier & firmly saying "No, no...it's time for bed, now go to sleep." doesn't work.

Personally, I wouldn't start feeding him in there because then she'll def wake up plus that could be the beginning of a bad habit.

Some may think it's mean but after lights out everything is strictly business for me. No singing, no playing, no talking, no lights... just feedings & diaper changes ...that's it. Not even that once they start sleeping through the night..maybe a pacifier if they're lucky..lol. ;)

Good luck mama, you'll get the in swing of things soon! :)