dr appt in 2 wks opinions on paragard please

edited October 2012 in Postpartum Health
Im goin for birth control the 16th wats everyones opinion on the paragard?

Comments

• Love love loved it until I got pregnant
  • @Heather3rdgirl omg u got prego on it!? Im so scared of it moving or attaching
  • Why not try DEPO
  • @NewommyNicole i jus got off that it made me so mean lol
  • I got it about 2 weeks ago and idnt have any problems yet. Love it so far im also scared for it to misplace :(
  • @Joshuaswifey_711 im so scared of that to ugh i want it so bad but idk wat to do lol
  • Thats how i felt, i had bad side affects with depo and im not good with taking pills so I figure this was the best.
  • @Joshuaswifey_711 gona talk to my dr about it ill probably try it good luck wit urs!
  • With any IUD, you run the risk of displacement. The percentage is usually small and easily fixable if it does occur. Good luck!
  • @captivated easily fixable makes me fill better thanx,Also ive had an ectopic before is getting this still ok?
  • I've heard that makes for heavy periods. I'm thinking of trying mirena. @mrz_jackson
  • @pregojenn yea i heard that to harmones jus make me crazy wish i culd jus take the pills an be done wit it lol
  • I don't understand why it causes heavy periods? Since it is hormone free? I should look that up.
  • And yes, ectopic has no bearing on the iud :)
  • @captivated o ok good one more question lol i read tons of people( including my friend she had mirena) had a miscarriage after having a iud wen they started ttc does the iud have anythang to do with having a miscarriage after its removed an u start ttc
  • I don't think so. Pregnancy while ON the mirena, yes. Along with tubals. It shouldn't affect a pregnancy conceived after it is out.
  • Yes 3 times, 2 losses and one live birth
  • @Heather3rdgirl wow that really makes me think now
  • I have had the mirena for 10 months and its good. I check my strings regularly. I was told when looking at what iud to get by my doc that if you already get heavy periods the paraguard will often make it heavier. The mirena will often make periods lighter or go away all together. I have only had 3 periods and all happened when I got sick with a bad cough which for me makes my stomach muscles cramp. But when I do get a period its normal for me in length and not as heavy flow as it used to be.
  • I had the mirena. The strings shrunk and it was hanging out of me when i went to the doc for removal. I had it about 5 months. Then it took me a year to get pregnant and I had an empty sac miscarriage at 6 weeks . I hated it. Also I gained weight n got acne
  • I loved it, and didn't have any issues till I was with a well endowed man (tmi) lol
  • @Heather3rdgirl @LaFiiTz89 @tinka1326 i read on the website it sed can cause painful intercourse did u ladies have this issue?
  • Nope not all for us. Either one, didn't even feel it come loose.
  • I've had mine for a couple if Weeks now...I couldn't remember to take my pills and I didn't want any hormone stuff...you take a risk for mostly all birth control you take...I think it would be a good decision
  • @newmomma13 @Heather3rdgirl im really leaning toward getting it i like that its effective immediatly but did they have it in the office rite then? My friend sed she had to wait on her mirena to come in i really dont wanna wait
  • The strings are like fishing line so my partner felt it a few times right after getting it put in but no pain or anything. It softens after a little while and can't be felt at all while doing the nasty.
  • I personally love nuvaring...iuds make me nervous & I wasn't looking for long term/or permanent options. I like that it's easy to use, low hormone, and isn't something I have to think about daily. I don't feel it at all and the hubby doesn't seem to notice it. If you aren't ready for an iud yet, why not try something that is effective without having to be remembered everyday?
  • @misskristin i def want long term 4 year old 2 yearold an almost 1year old im so done for awhile i thought about the ring but not sure how id be wit putn it in an i jus really dont want any harmones but if i go wit the iud an it doesnt work out i will be lookn at that since u say it is low harmone.
  • Yea I wad still undecided about it then I was like can I get it today and she said yea and they went and got one