They say start feeding baby foods when he/she starts showing interest.......

edited October 2012 in Babies
Well my girl is will be 3 months on the 18th and she's already wanting to taste what we eat...she wont even allow me to eat barely anything without crying until i feed her something...

What are some of the signs that will tell me baby is ready for food....more then just showing interest..?

Comments

• She is way too young right now. They will follow your plate with their eyes, make smacking sounds with their lips, etc.
  • @captivated I kinda sounded stupid didn't I? I knew it had to be more then her just showing interest....what the heck is she asking for then.... :-? Thanks!
  • Chewing their bottles or your breast.
  • You're not stupid! [-X Ideal age for beginning solids is between 4-6 months.
  • I actually think the new recommendation is 6 months. :/
  • The nutritional board of the APA recommends four to six and the breastfeeding board recommends six, lol @RTMommy. I personally didn't start that young as there is no need for it and I wanted them to get the full benefits of breastmilk before introducing anything else.
  • I was told between 4 to 6 months. I stared Scarlett at 4 but she only had some oats I the morning only because she was sleeping through the night and was very hungry in the morning. Then at 5 I also started to do some rice for dinner. but everything else I waited until 6 because she was breastfeeding and didn't need all the other stuff just yet.
  • The APA needs to stop changing their damn minds. Haha
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @BlessedTXMom That's what the dad says like why even bother putting her on baby food it's just more money and not even necessary. I'm like it's fun to see their expressions to certain foods :-))
  • Totally agree with blessedtxmom. We did it fof a week at 4 months.. then not again until 6 monthS.
  • I read breastfed babies don't nerd extra nutrition until 6 months! Levi will be 4 months tomorrow and im not sure what my plan is. I'm going to ask at his appt on wed after I see his growth chart. If anything I might do some rice to maybe help with his sleeping.
    @mom2ing I have 4 babies over 6 months who don't crawl! (at work) lol. My cousins baby just learned at 10m!! I think the wide range of when children reach their milestones is crazy!
  • I just started Logan and he just turned 6mos. He would watch us eat but I usually wait until six months.
  • @sehra4177 Omg it's been 6mos already wow....time really does fly pretty soon we will be argueing with them about dates and curfews lmao :-))
  • In the UK they recommend waiting til 6 months & def not before 17 weeks. Other signs they're ready are being able to sit unaided & losing their tongue thrust reflex
  • I started my daughter at 6 months... she turns 1 in a couple weeks and still prefers a bottle over any food. I don't push her I just offer her lots of things and she eats what she wants.
  • Ya I was told once their tongue reflex is gone, and she shows interest and after four months.
  • My daughter's must be big chunka butts then lol all my girls ate rice cereal around four months from a spoon(besides my oldest who started at 2 months in her bottle for medical reasons). Jayda just turned 6 months on the 4th and she wants my food so bad she'll crawl as quick as her little legs can go, pull herself up on the couch where I am, says "maaamaa" and opens her mouth. I'm going to go broke when they're teenagers...I can already see now!! Crap! :-(
  • We started giving rice cereal at 5 months and then veggies and fruit and oatmeal at around 7 months. She is ebf and 11 months old today.
  • My baby is food crazy. Shes been on solids since 4 months. She is now 9.5 months. She sits and screams when we eat. She still gets 3 4 oz bottles and one 8 oz at night
  • I agree 3months is too early they told me when they lean in for a spoon if they dont no way
  • Omg I can't wait lol.