been told gender then wrong at birth?

edited March 2011 in Second Trimester
At 18weeks i had my gender scan and i was told ir was a girl has any been told the gender but been wrong at birth?

Comments

• My ultrasound tech was. Right with all my kids. She's been doin it 20 years and won't tell u the sex unless she's 100% sure of what she sees. If you have doubts ask her what her record is for getting it right. Mine has never been wrong :)
  • @bigmamak mine is the same way. She wouldn't say for sure last time but it was obvious lol. I find out next week
  • edited March 2011
    My last two gave been right but did have a friend who went to the same place and they told her a boy then couple more months had to go back and told her it was a girl. Good thing she found out before birth.
  • Oh ok cool i didnt think if that lol i hope i can get another us
  • The week before my son was born I was told I was having a girl, caused a lot of laughs ;-)
  • Lol yeah i have been buying all girl stuff and the tech wasnt 100% sure at 18 weeks i look at the scan and i can see three lines for a girl i am just a bit concerned since she wasnt 100%
  • I had mine today and was told it was a girl but the tech said to keep receits cuz she wasn't sure. She couldn't even print off a pic proving it a girl. I'm so excited cuz we were hoping for a girl but now Idk. And I don't get another ultrasound either.
  • Just freaking out a bit my midwife said that was my last us unless there is complications of how i hope the us tech was right.... :p
  • my lil sis was suppose to be a boy never gave the doc a clear pic just kept puttin her but to the camera. luckily my mom had all my baby stuff still
  • @keelz me to. i can't help but buy stuff but I'm super sacred. We saw the three white lines and then she told us there could be boy parts tucked so Idk
  • @due_in_july i know she told me you can never be 100% sure when it comes to a girl....i was like if ir was a boy the bits would be showing by now??? With my 2 boys you couldnt be wrong there bits took the whole us pic up lol
  • @keelz with my son it was the same way. And I was 18 weeks. You could totally tell it was a boy. With this one I am 22 weeks and it looked like a girl cuz the white lines but she wasn't for sure and didn't even print off the girl shot. I'm worried ill have everything pink and I don't wanna buy neutral.
  • They told me my first baby was going to be a boy. We had a huge baby shower and got tons of blue and green things. She was a girl. I didnt believe the doctor when she said 'its a girl!'. I said, 'no, its not im having a boy!' Lol it was a huge surprise. I have a hard time believing them now...
  • With My brother, they told my mom he was a girl, she had girl everything, and suprise! A boy popped out lol
  • My SIL had 5 ultrasounds because of complications. They told her 4 of 5 ti mes that she was having a girl. She had 3 baby showers and went nuts painting the nursery pink and lavander. and out popped a little boy! lol oops.
  • Omg thats kinda scary I am hoping that the tech was right I better stop buying girly stuff just incase lol
  • Oh my. I don't trust my tech since she said she wasn't sure But I couldn't help but buy a bunch of stuff today. Now I'm sure sacred.
  • You could always go and get a scan at one of the local ultra sound schools, our pay a little extra for a 3d scan. Might be a bit costly, but better than driving a little guy home in all pink and only having pink clothes lol. Just a thought :)
  • That is a good idea i am going to do that thanks @myasmommy2009
  • I had a friend who was told she was having a girl, we threw here a huge shower with tons of pink gifts and they even painted the nursery pink. She was pretty doped up during delivery, but after she recovered from the drugs and they brought the baby in the told her "your son wants to see mommy", she told them that wasn't her baby and started crying. They asked if she was crying cause she was in pain or happy, her response "NO, I'm crying cause it's a boy!!!". We had to go buy him something to wear home from the hospital or he would've came home in a dress! We had an u/s done @ 20 wks and you could definently see the turtle. Had to go back from another one Thursday since he wouldn't show his spine in the first one (just his junk), and the second u/s tech confirmed it was a boy. Now I have 2 pictures of his turtle....
  • @keelz wen I was born my mother thought I was going to b a boy so here I am a young woman but I had two older brothers n had nothing to cum home in lol
  • Lol they told my parents I was going to be a boy too
  • @keelz how many weeks are you? When do you get your last u/s?
  • I think I may try to get another ultrasound or like a 3 d one or something cuz I'm totally scared now
  • Sugar i think im getting another one done 3d lol @jess510 im26 weeks my last us was at 18 weeks no more for the rest of pg unless i pay for the 3d one
  • Omg I'm scared now I have 3 boys 16 15 and 1 this is suppose to be my first girl but maybe the jewels were hiding... have to have a us at 32 weeks I'm gonna have them do a 3d to look... all I have is girl stuff boxes of it
  • My first 2 kids I was told were girls, which I got very clear photos to confirm. My 3rd the tech told me it was a boy, I told her I didn't think so it looked like my girls did, so I refused a baby shower for a boy because I just knew. She insisted she was correct stating she had been doing this for 17yrs she knew whaat she was talking about. Guess what? I gave birth to a GIRL. My 4th was very clearly a girl as well. This one we just got our gender scan the 3rd of this month, very much a boy. I made sure we got clear shots, but it must be a boy thing as he was all to willing to show off his business proud of his boyness. So, yes it happens, but technology is becoming more advanced all the time, so hopefully these mistakes happen less often.