Playtex VentAire

edited October 2012 in Equipment & Supplies
I've been having leakage problems with the bottom of a couple of my bottles and can't figure out why, I have tightened the bottom part and everything.

Has anyone thats used these bottles had the same problem?
If so how did you fix the problem....
I'd hate to have to throw the few I have away...

Comments

• I don't even have a dishwasher, we do that manually... I've also boiled them before and it doesn't do much...@WyattsMommy
  • edited October 2012
    I've never had a problem with mind and still don't and I've been having them for about 9 months or so. Are you making sure its dry all the way. My cousin said when hers leaked its because she didn't let them dry
  • @angie87 Oh yeah maybe... 8-> thanks...
  • They sell replacements for the bottom...they wear over time, just like nipples can. BabiesR'Us has them for a couple of dollars...I need to replace mine too.
  • Oh really that's awesome thanks! @misskristin
  • I have a few kids with them at my work and we have the problem sometimes. You have the rubber thing in the bottom right? We usually just tighten them and it solved the problem. Being that rubiya is only a couple months old I doubt its already wearing. But maybe!
  • @LeviLuv8 I admire the people that can remember her name and how to spell it, its so unique even the way its spelled :-D Yeah it has the rubber thing at the bottom, thats what gets me to question cause I didn't have them that long..
  • I have used them with both of my babes! If the bottom is wet it won't create a seal and will leak! That's usually the case with ours. Hope your leaks stop!
  • Make sure the bottom rubber part is in right. When I used them if they were only slightly turned the wrong way or just a little wet it would create a suction and leak.
  • Make sure there is no water in the bottom piece before you put the other piece in. My daughter its a year and we have never really had a problem unless there was water in the bottom. :)
  • Thanks ladies that should have been obvious lol :">
  • Mine do that sometimes and I notice when they are dry all the way before I put them back together it doesn't happen
  • I use them no leaking issues but if you don't dry them after removing from the water after heating formula up the water collects in the dges and it apperes to be leaking.