what r some signs for an ear infection??

edited October 2012 in Babies Health
Ive notice Nylas right eye has been watery all day. Shes been scratching her ear here n there but she got very warm by 6pm. I gave her sum infant tylenol Walgreens brand n she stopped crying n being so fussy. Ladies with tri Care insurance, if i dont have my Card n i take her to the ER would they find me In the system???

Comments

• Are you going to a military hospital or civilian? Military requires your id card, but in a civilian hospital, I believe the sponsors ss# is the policy number.
  • Pulling on the ear could be infection, teething, curiosity, etc....is her ear red &/or hot to the touch?
  • edited October 2012
    @misskristin, im going to go to a civilian. i just took her temp its 102.2 & 102.3 took it with two different thermometer. Her ear is not as hot as her head, hands & feet. :( thank u for responding
  • Is nyla feeling better?
  • With ear infections my baby wont drink her bottles very fussy then the fever comes my baby has it rite now 102.8 id go before the fever came
  • I believe you can just give them your husband social and it should work until you get your id.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Not eating, not wanting to lay down, feverish, fussy, pulling/rubbing ear,
  • Thanks everyone were still In the hospital for almost five hrs. Her temp is now 104
  • Poor baby, it seems like a lot of little ones have been having ear infections lately...I hope she starts feeling better soon!
  • @mama_kat nyla send Taryn hugs too. I hope she feels better. They r trying to figure out if its an ear infection Or urinary tract infection :(
  • @jazzie shes knocked out. shes been thru so much today. We r waiting for her to pee bc they need some to test for the uti.

@mrz_jackson i hope ur lil one feels better :( i hate when they r sick.
  • Poor GIRL! Feel better! Levi got his first ear infection 3w ago. Was on amoxicillin for 10 days. That didn't work, so he got a new med that was stronger and 5 days. So we will see. He has his 4m well check on wed!
  • Aww poor baby I hope she gets better. Idk babies could get a uti
  • Poor Nyla! Hope she starts feeling better quickly. You're in the right place, so you can rest a little too, hon. Hugs!!

@Mama_Kat hope Taryn feels better soon, too!
  • Thanx the fever is gone today but so fussing an sleeping alot still. She will prolly feels alot better by tomorrow
  • Those wee bags they put on them are evil. My daughter had them when in hospital recently. My step daughter has had about 5 utis so now they are looking into why she is getting them they are evil... my son has been getting ear infections too and now needs investigation into why so I feel your pain mumma... sick babies is the worst
  • @leviluv8 is it the pink surup. That didnt seem to WoRk for nyla also :( i hope levi Check up goes well on wed.

@mama_kat yes its the bag ughh, she cried hard when i had to take it off :(

@jazzie yes girl, infants can get uti. Sad but true.

@rtmommy thanks girl, nyla temp is back to normal n she feels a lot cooler but still kind of fussy. She had a long day at the hospital.
  • @mrz_jackson im glad shes feeling better :)

@tinka1326 wow 5 utis, poor girl :( yes they r evil. Ear infections r no fun also. I wonder how they r catching it so often :-/

@everyone Nyla was at the hospital for 8 hrs, she has no ear infection Or urinary tract infection. They said she might have caught a virus thats going around. I think it maybe caught last sat at her First bday party. We had about 80 guests. Nylas right eye is still runny. Doc says it might have been From the dogs at my mil, theres dog hair everywhere. Plus, nyla kept crawling towards the doggy pillow.
  • edited October 2012
    They told me to keep an eye on her 2moro n if it gets worse to bring her back In on monday.

@mama_kat ^
  • Poor pumpkin!
  • Hope she gets better soon!