Proud of myself!

edited October 2012 in Health
I was 150 lbs in July and now I'm down to 131 lbs with simply cutting out soda (completely), in taking more water (if not straight water then I water down my fluids), limited to no junk food/desserts, and going to the gym 4-5 days out of the week! I have tons more energy and I can see the results coming together :) I'm hoping to be 110-115 lbs by the beginning of next year (I hope that's ideal) I'm 5'2 so I'm most comfortable with my body at that weight. I'm not only doing cardio but weight lifting as well. If there's any other advice you could give me @mijita I would greatly appreciate it! I know you've helped a lot of ladies on here so far :)

Comments

• That is awesome!! Good job!
  • @Wilsomom Thank you! I still have work to do but I'm happy to be progressing slowly but surely. Knowing I'm doing my body good as well as looking the way I want to (or getting there at least) is a great feeling. You only get one body so you gotta take care of it the best you can, right? :)
  • Sounds like you've got a great plan and it's working! I've been losing weight too, but VERY slowly because I'm not making major consistent progress with my diet and exercise, but some is better than none! :)

And you are so right about taking care of your body because it's the only one you have and you are the only YOU your family has too! :)
  • @wilsomom congrats on your progress as well :) I saw a picture once that read "don't worry about your pace when exercising, you're still overlapping everyone on the couch." LOL

And I completely agree :) one of the best things I can do for my family is take care of myself the best I know how. There is too much illness, disease, cancer, etc out there, things we have no control over but good health is one thing we have a say in.
  • Thats great! Good job!!
  • @1stwoodsbaby thank you :) I'm 5 lbs below my pre pregnancy weight that I was at with my 2nd (most recent child) which feels great
  • Woo hoo! That's awesome, congrats! Treat yourself to some new clothes :)
  • @baileygoose thank you :) I bought 2 new pairs of jeans the other day and 2 shirts. Mainly because I wanted to get a new outfit cuz my hubby is coming home from Afghanistan this month :) but I don't wanna get too many new things since I am still trying to lose. It feels good to wear some new and SMALLER things anyway though!
  • Awesome job! You've made some great changes. Please remember not to focus so much on a number, but rather by how you feel. You'll notice that the weight will start coming off slower and you may experience a weight loss plateau. When this happens don't give up, but rather keep doing what you're doing.

Weight lifting or strength training is a great weight loss aid as it helps rev your metabolism and makes you look leaner.

Don't forget to allow yourself a cheat day. Being overly restrictive can cause you to binge on the foods you avoid. Also, on days where you completely lose control, just dust yourself off and continue forward. Don't think one fall off the weight loss wagon has doomed you, it hasn't.

This website has some great tips and information on how to push through plateaus. Let me know if you have any specific questions. Keep up the great work! You've set some realistic goals which is good.

Oh, remember the holidays are around the corner, so that's a challenge in itself!

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
  • @mijita thanks so much I appreciate your input and encouragement :) I definitely try not to restrict myself completely just all in moderation. I'm trying to graze instead of eating big meals a day. I will utilize that website for sure :) I definitely try not to focus on the numbers since weight easily fluctuates & I know I've been gaining muscle. I can feel it in my legs and arms. The inches off my waist, arms and thighs are what I try focusing on. And trying to tone my tummy :) which has been the hardest part...
  • I aim for going to the gym 5-6 days per week and do a pretty intense cardio work out. I too am having trouble toning my tummy, but have seen it flatten out. I'm realistic with my goals as in no longer on my 20's and my elasticity is not up to par anymore. I just try to enjoy myself now.

I'm always telling people moderation, moderation, moderation, lol. That should be the key to life -- moderation. Keep it up! You'll be there before you know it!
  • edited October 2012
    @mijita good for you :) it's hard to accept we aren't the way we used to be at times... I'm only 20 and I'm like "I barely got use of my pre baby body!"

It's okay though, I mean that's the price we pay for our kids. I feel like feeling confident at least is a gift I can give myself :)

My tummy is flattening for sure. I can feel those abs underneath! I just need the rest of the little, annoying flab that's left to just melt off ;) it's all irritating areas now that just need A LITTLE more fine tuning... It seems so easy I wish it would just go away over night! Lol but I'm learning it doesn't happen that way ;)
  • Oh girl, you are young! That tummy will flatten in no time, just keep working at it!
  • @mijita I'm hoping so! She was so low in my tummy for so long that it's just not bouncing back like it did with my first pregnancy. So I have to work extra hard at it this time! The weight was effortless to lose the first time...