Someone please help idk what to do!

Alana just started walking yesterday. So shes in EVERYTHING, which isnt a problem right now because im with her 24/7 and shes my only priority right now. Anyways the problem is ever since yesterday out of nowhere when i put her to try sleep after a bottle she crys hysterically and while im holding her she arches her back and stiffens her legs and then crys like shes hurt. Even when shes realllllly tired. She does the same when i pick her up from off the floor from walking. I try to tickle her tummy to get her from being arched but it dont work either. The only thing that helps is when i put her to walk. But she does this all through the night as well and im scared shes hurting herself. Help me please!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mama_kat i was thinking the same thing , her dr office isnt open until monday though :(
  • Does she ever do it when you arent holding or picking her up? maybe she's wanting down when.you are holding her or.picking her up so she can work on her newly learned skill (walking)? I've heard that when babies learn new things they want to do it alllll the time.
  • @1stwoodsbaby no, only when im holding her. Your probably right. Im just so scared that the arching is whats hurting her because after shes in tears.
  • Yea that may be uncomfortable for her. Hopefully in a few days after getting used to walking she'll cut it out.
  • I pray she does! Its horrible! @1stwoodsbaby
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Is she poop'ing ok? It could be a sign of constipation...
  • She probably just wants to walk my baby does that sometimes its like a tantrum until I put him down. And he walks back and forth all day! Does she stop once you put her down?
  • @MommyLovesSparkle im a big reader, and what i have read, it says that when babies are in a stage of learning something new they will resist sleep or wake up from sleep a lot more because they want to keep practicing their new skill.. maybe thats the case? But to give yourself some relief always call you pedi :)
  • If she calms down once you put her down likely its just that she has learnt this amazing new skill and she is pissed at being picked up and not being allowed to be on the floor... sounds a bit like a tantrum to me ;-)
  • Thanks everyone for replying, i havent been on because ive been so exhausted because shes been into everything!

@mama_kat thats a great idea. I hope they are open.

@lilbit01_205 shes not really.. Im pretty sure she was constipated yesterday then i gave her apples this morning and she went fine.

@hot2cold87 yes she stops when shes down and walking.

@mommasc thank you that put my mind at ease!

@tinka1326 thats what i thought too im just scared shes hurting herself.
  • edited October 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Juliana does this from.tome.to.time because she would rather be down. She does it sometimes when I try to put her to sleep I just roll her on to the other side of the bed till she is done freaking out then I try again.
  • @mama_kat will do!

@morgdeebee im pretty sure they're throwing tantrums lol

@kristaf22 your very right! Its true she does that it drives me crazy lol