What to ask

edited October 2012 in Babies
A home daycare provider? I've been with madison for a year and think it's time to find a job and daycare. I am in no hurry as I'm very cautious leaving her with someone. We're going to meet a lady tonight, she's a nurse and will provide lunch and snacks and already has 3 kids. I want to make sure I'm thinking of everything. What should I look for and ask?

Comments

• Look for cleanliness, any "danger zones" in the house. If she has any pets (its not a very good idea to take a new child around a dog that don't know them, too many horror stories :( ) Also look how well her kids behave (it will kinda tell you how she raised them, and it will kinda be the same for yours.)

Ask how she prepares food? Do they eat fast food a lot? Will she be taking your child anywhere?

Make sure to give her a detailed list of Allergies (if any), emergency contacts ,close by hospitals, and a signed letter with your permission (if you'd allow it) to go to the er (god forbid) something happens to the baby and you can't make it in time.
  • @mommylovessparkle thanks you!! :) i really liked everything about it except that she'd have to cry herself to sleep. I'm having really bad anxiety over it, she'll be in a strange place without a noisemaker, scared and alone =(( would most people just let her cry or just this lady? I think i'm gonna call a few more
  • Is she kidding me?? I wouldn't let her let my baby cry it out. I heard lots of bad things about that method. She should listen to how YOU want your daughter being taken care of, not just the way she wants to. To me that's a little extreme, that's messing with the baby's emotions which isn't good. You want your child to feel comfortable and secure there, not to feel scared or uncomfortable. I would choose a different one. And no they all don't do that.
  • @mommylovessparkle my thoughts exactly, hubby loves her, i'm gonna have to try my hardest to get him to like someone else, i thought i was gonna throw up last night worrying about it, thank you so much for taking the time to respond :)