I need help....

edited October 2012 in Postpartum Health
Ok many of yall know me and I really dont like to post up things that are wrong with me but this is to much.....
I really fo think im going bald...like I can take a shower and a hand full comes out. I need to know whats wrong with me I had my baby girl 3 months ago so Idk if its that or stress I just dont know pls dont tell me im alone on this. I need to know.

Comments

• Pregnancy does that to you. Even after baby. It's really normal even though it sucks :( your hormones are all out of wack. With time it'll balance back out
  • It'll eventually stop, i have the same amount of hair from before baby but it used to clog the drain it was so bad, i hated brushing my hair and seeing it come out
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I had that problem and thought the same thing. I ended up going to the doctor and had blood work done and my thyroid was underactive. Not sure if that's why but my hair did stopped falling out so much after a bit after taking meds
  • Same happened to me around 4 months pp...lost so much I had a bald spot on each side of my head..couldn't wear my hair in a pony tail forever!
  • That's totally normal (usually - I'm sure there's always exceptions), don't worry. About a few months after having a baby you lose a lot of hair. Thankfully you typically grown a lot of hair while pregnant so hopefully it won't seem so bad once it's all over.

I'm glad you asked, so you can know you're not alone and it's normal! ;)
  • That's the same thing that is happing to me but one side is more bald then the other.
    @ashley_smashley
    I really do hope so cause I have a pretty low self esteem as it is and now that I'm losing my hair its lower.
    @Wilsomom
    That's what I read on the internet. But those that start from one day to the other cause I have blood work like 5 months and nothing came out. Well what I know of @pregojenn
    @HomeBirthAdvocate
    @Kimberly4411
    @MamaLove
    I was thinking the same thing cause I lost hair after my son but I feel like I'm losing way more.
  • edited October 2012
    It could be stress or symptoms of bc but I don't know if you use it... I was trying to find you to have a profile chat but for some reason couldnt remember exactly your username... :X
  • That is completely normal i lost tons of hair at around the same time im talking a lot i would run my fingers through my hair and it would be stuck on my fingers =( it took some time for it to go back to normal. My mom bought John a shampoo de chile and it worked for him but god does it smell i tried it too. Take vitamins too. It can be due to a vitamin deficiency. I know im going to loose hair when Joseph is born =/
  • I had.my son 6 months ago and I was fine until about 3 mo ago Imy hair started coming out alot. My period is all out of wack too:( as far as the hair thing this is the first pregnancy this happened after...this is my 3rd child. But I'm hoping that its just hormones too...bc I love my hair I don't want to lose it:'(
  • I sometimes feel is stress to. I'm up and down like crazy with two babies so I don't doubt it. I'm not taking BC I was gaining to much weight with it. I'm on condoms. Lol
    @AishaMusa
    I know thats how it is for me cause I can pick up my hair iN a pony tail n I bring like 10+ hairs with me. IN a way I think its my shampoo cause I didn't get so much hair loss till I stared to use it but Idk. Also I did stop taking my prenatal. Soo Idk what it is cause with Adrian I started to lose my hair fast. And with Delilah I just stared to lose hair. And my hair was like really thick but also I was taking all my vitamins and everything.
    @salasmommy
    Yea and this just stared with me to. And the thing is that I haven't gotten my period. I have three months with my period.....is that normal?
    I know I'm not pregnant...well I don't think so...my sister had her baby girl like 5 months ago and she hasn't gotten her period either. But Idk off topic lol. anyways...I love my hair to! :/ its my number one accessory!! :'(
    @sehra4177

• Very normal. Just think of it as the baby took your vitamins so you need to refill up on your vitamins again. They have biotin shampoo that helps hair to grow and get stronger in health stores like gnc, also walmart carries a vitamin called hair, skin, and nails. Take that. Or just keep taking your prenatals. It will grow back soon. (I'm not saying you did because i simply don't know) when girls cut their hair during pregnancy they say it takes the baby's vitamins away. When i was pregnant i didn't cut it at all until after and my hair didn't fall out. While my cousin was cutting and dying the hair and she ended up losing it like crazy after she had the baby. (It can be because i didn't cut it for a long time and when i did it got healthy again.)
  • Jusf try to switch shampoo and take ur vitamins its gonna take a while for yur hair to go back to normal but ita normal it will grow back u can try the shampoo de chile they sell it at fiesta n walmart but in the cream section
  • Why would someone need to take prenatal vitamins after their baby is born?
  • After you have a baby it takes up to 6 months for your body to rid itself of all the hormones released during pregnancy that it now no longer needs. Some women get excessive body odour also. This is just your bodys way of getting rid of everything... it will settle down.
  • @AishaMusa; There are a few reasons women will be asked to continue taking their prenatal vitamins during the postpartum period. Anemia caused by childbirth, malnourishment and breastfeeding.
  • Thanks didn't know that @mijita & @blessedtxmom