son having issues with cows milk?

edited October 2012 in Babies Health
I think my son is having a hard time with cows milk. He farts really hard and sometimes wakes up screaming then farts. He is also theething really bad so am not sure if its from that also. I did give him goat milk before but he doesn't like it to much

Comments

• Oh and he does do just fine with cheese and yougurt
  • edited October 2012
    Sounds like he may be lactose intolerant. The milk sugar, lactose, is fermented into a different form in both cheese and yogurt, therefore if he is lactose intolerant he wouldn't be affected by cheese and yogurt. His GI is probably still too immature to handle lactose. They do sell lactose-free milk that has all the benefits of milk, but I would consult with his physician first.
  • edited October 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My only issue with almond milk is it is seriously lacking in protein and fat, thus calories. If your child is eating a well rounded diet then this shouldn't be too much of a problem, but if your child is finicky I would worry they are not getting adequate nutrition.
  • Thanx ladies. He's actually doing just fine now no issues at all. I think the problem was me giving him to much dairy at once @mijita @mama_Kat
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.