how long does it take?

How long does it take for the pill the be effective? And my doctor told me to start my pack in the middle of the week since I haven't had a pp period yet, and the package says to take all of the blue pills before starting the placebo.. do I go back and take the first ones, or just start the placebo when its time?

Comments

• If your Dr said start in the middle, I would follow that, and go onto the placebo ones. They also say to start after your period, but I rarely get periods (probably 2-3 a year) so I just started whenever. But I would use other protection for at least a few weeks.
  • I would say if you have started half way through the pack then I would continue to the placebo. Hopefully you then have a period and I would guess as long as you have had 2 weeks of the blue pill before the placebo after your period you should be safe.... but you might want to use other protection for another 2 weeks after your period to be safe...
  • @natashalynn @ tinka1326 thanks y'all
  • Just saying, I took the whole pack, with an alarm on my phone everyday and never missed a pill. Yeah my son is snuggled up to daddy right now. Lol definitely use back up until they are in your system, because my doc said it takes a consistent month for them to be effective!
  • If you start during your period, it is effective immediately. If not within that time, a week.
  • I was told to start the pack like you take the first pill on pack not start in the middle.of it. Bit o dunno.
  • @morgdeebee I know that's how you usually start it, but I got the pack on a Tuesday, and called my doctor to double check, and she said start that day because I haven't had a period yet. Idk.. that's why I was asking y'all, Lol!
  • My dr told me a week and its fully effective I just got on Ortho Tri