Doctors 'decapitated baby during birth and tried to hide it from parents.

edited October 2012 in Current Events
Doctors 'decapitated baby during birth and tried to hide it from parents after the dead infant was delivered by C-section'

Arteisha Betts went into labor in March 2011 only 28 weeks and five days into her term
Lawsuit claims doctor told Betts earlier that the baby must be delivered via C-section
Mother says she was forced into vaginal delivery against her wishes
Doctor pushed the baby's detached head and body back into birth canal, complaint states
By SNEJANA FARBEROV

PUBLISHED: 17:36 EST, 11 October 2012 | UPDATED: 18:28 EST, 11 October 2012

A Missouri couple have filed a lawsuit against a pair of obstetricians, accusing them of decapitating their baby during his 2011 delivery and then trying to hide it by shoving the child’s body and severed head back into the birth canal.
In a court complaint that reads like the script of a horror film, Arteisha Betts and Travis Ammonette, of Florissant, described how doctors Gilbert Webb and Susan Moore had allegedly coerced them into a vaginal delivery against their wishes, and then severed their son's head.
The 10-complaint lawsuit cites Midwest Maternal & Fetal Medicine Services, LLC, Signature Medical Group Inc and the two doctors. However, the suit does not list St John’s Mercy Medical Center in St. Louis, where the bungled delivery too place in March 2001, as a defendant.

According to the court filing, Betts and Ammonette were told by Dr Moore during a February 2011 appointment that the baby will have to be delivered via C-section rather than vaginally because the child had an abnormally large abdomen, Patch Florissant reported.
But when the expectant mother prematurely went into labor on March 22 only 28 weeks and five days into her term, the complaint indicates that Dr Webb 'would not agree' to the Cesarean and 'would only deliver her baby by way of attempted trial of vaginal delivery.'

The couple claim that the obstetrician also refused to let them go to a different hospital for a Cesarian.
‘Believing that she had no other choice than to agree to a trial of vaginal delivery, plaintiff Arteisha Betts consented to a trial of vaginal delivery under duress and protest,’ according to the complaint.
The infant's head was delivered in the first stage of the birthing process, but in the second stage which got under way at around 10.30pm, the lawsuit claims that his large abdomen became lodged in the birth canal.
According to the complaint, Dr Webb applied traction to the child's head in an attempt to dislodge his body, at which point the infant was decapitated.

Citing the complaint, the Courthouse News Services reported that blood shot out from the baby’s arteries and veins, spilling onto the floor in full view of the mother and Ammonette, who was sitting only two to four feet away from the birthing bed.
The lawsuit states that Webb then 'pushed decedent's head and body back into plaintiff Arteisha Betts' birth canal' and called for an emergency C-section.

The doctor started cutting into the woman's abdomen before the anesthesia fully set in, causing her great pain and suffering in the process, the suit says.
During the procedure, the doctor ‘surgically and completely removed’ the child's head from his neck and torso.

Before handing the little boy named Kaden Travis to his parents, Webb had allegedly 'intentionally concealed' his neck wounds, although the complaint does not specify how it was done.
The Daily Mail was unable to reach the couple's attorney, Christopher Wright of the firm Millikan Wright in St Louis, on Thursday. Calls to the two medical centers cited in the lawsuit also went unanswered.
The suit seeks unspecified damages to cover pregnancy costs, funeral expenses as well as personal injury and wrongful death.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2216497/Doctors-decapitated-baby-birth-tried-hide-parents-dead-infant-delivered-C-section.html

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • That is just horrible. I can't even imagine.
  • Ooh my God!!!
    A day before my son was born how horrible!!
  • What kind of sick mofo would do that to someone?!

My heart breaks for them!
  • Veevee now I can't sleep... :-(
    Thats scary shit....horrible...
  • Omg! That's sick!
  • Something like this happened last year as well. Although the baby was decapitated because the mother had a cerclage which the Dr didn't bother to cut away causing the baby's head to be stuck and when the baby came out breech the Dr kept pulling and pulling which caused the head to be pulled off and still in the mother. I think that Dr (hopefully) lost his licesnse. And I hope that this Dr gets the same plus some prison time. :(
  • Hmm. It's not easy to decapitate a baby. They either had to pull EXREMELY hard, or the baby was dead in utero for a prolonged time...the longer it is deceased in utero, the easier it falls apart. Not that uncommon, however sad.
  • So sad. Rest in peace Angel baby xox
  • What?? How does a 12-week premature baby's abdomen get stuck in the birth canal? How does a doctor pull so hard he severs the neck from the spine?? That's why my birth plan forbids hospital staff from pulling my baby out... these poor parents!
  • Omg!!! Mortified!!!!!! Prayers for the parents to get thru this :(
  • Are. You. F*ing. Kidding me?????!!!!! :O
  • Omg I'm such to my stomach! Levi was vacuumed out! Which scares me now! :( so sad!
  • Why do people post such things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is not what i want to read on a pregnancy forum! I'm sick to my stomach, poor baby and parents. Doctors are horrible!!!!!!!
  • Im sorry if I scared anyone. Didn't mean to. I just never heard of anything like this before. This was posted all over my Facebook and Twitter. I was mortified.
  • Wow I was just at st johns a few weeks ago with my one year old. This is heartbreaking. I dont understand what the doc was thinking. He already knew a c section needed to be performed. So sad.