OMG!! engorgment! someone save me. :(

edited October 2012 in Postpartum Health
Omggg. I have decided to switch my lo to formula. I think it is best for her and I. We were struggling with latching and I am going through a depression. Just felt right to switch her over. I can already tell a difference with her being colicky. She seems alot better. But omg my breast are killing me!! My left one is seriously rock hard. :'( I can't even hold my lo on my shoulder it hurts so bad. I have been trying cabbage and ice packs. Is there anything I can do? If I pump a little will it just fill up again? I am miserable. How long will it last?

Comments

• I did hot showers for relief mine didnt last long it got a lil better each day
  • I went threw that and when they would hurt i would take a hot shower. Let the water hit your breast for a while and while doing that squeze your nipples so milk could come out for relief that helped alot. Slowly but surely ur supply will drop
  • edited October 2012
    Hot shower and squeezed a little out to relieve but that was all.... I took 8 'showers' one day when my daughter was born!!
  • I would use my manual pump for just a minute on each side. I didn't have time to take a shower. Just don't empty your breasts.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks. I just pumped a little. It feels a little better. I dont wanna pump too much because I dont wanna make more milk. Ughh. My breast was rock hard.
  • @ynvtish didnt you do some crazy thing to stop milk before? Was that you that posted?
  • @steph_Due_101611 ... Yeah I did! (embarrassed to say... LOL) it was an old wise/wives tale thread...

My grandmother told me to get a red brick from home depot or OSH (less than $1.00)

Put it on a pan and in the oven on 450 for about 20 mins.

Then you take it out (be careful very very hot)

Then you milk both of your breast on to the brick. It should sizzle.. (empty them out on the brick.)

The next morning I woke up dried up.

My cousin had to do it twice...