gave her milk this morning

edited October 2012 in Babies
I gave her whole milk this morning, only 2oz in her 6oz bottle of bm. She is 11 months old. We are going to slowly transition her about every two weeks adding in more milk. I don't have much of a freezer stash and am not producing a lot these days. She drank the whole bottle and so far no issues. I drink milk every day, so I know she isn't allergic.

Comments

• Nope!! Waiting longer on the milk, she just threw it up!! Her entire bottle. Poor baby!! I feel awful!
  • Yea...she was doing fine and she started getting fussy so I gave her teething tablets cause her top teeth are coming in. I sat her in her high chair to give her breakfast and it all came back up:-( @sands3
  • @blessedtxmom how old was he when you started giving it to him? O think that's what we are going to do in a few days. She didn't seem herself this morning anyway, so hopefully these teeth pop through soon.
  • @blessedtxmom I don't think that's lazy. Trixie probly won't be fully on milk till after she is 1.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mama_kat but wouldn't she show signs of latose issues from me drinking it? I drink some at least 5 out of 7 days a week and she is ebf. I think we will in a couple of days to let her belly settle and try maybe only an oz. And if we have the same issue than wait a little longer.

Also..she hasn't had many wet diapers today..I have been putting her on the boob as often as she wants plus offering water or juice and she really hasn't been wet when I change her like normally. She has pooped today tho. @blessedtxmom @sands3 just tagged you guys for an update/advice.
  • @blessedtxmom oh yes!! Not completely giving up that yet, I will as long as it takes her to get use to milk.
    @mama_kat oh! I guess I thought it was. All of my research said that if she was having issues with it being in my diet then she obviously would have issues with it being in her's. Oh well, we will wait and see.
  • I gave my 11 month old milk because I was out of his almond milk (wasn't planning to introduce cow's milk) and he threw up 5 times that afternoon/evening. I know he didn't feel good because he cried every time, too. I felt awful! All breastmilk the day after that! :-(
  • edited October 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It was so upsetting @mama_kat! He kept trying to go to sleep and his tummy wouldn't let him. He's never been sick before, and I felt so bad it was something I gave to him. :'(
  • No ice cream for Taryn? :-(
  • @mama_kat did not know that.
    @ourlittlenugget she only threw up the one time, it was every where tho, and she only had 2oz. I've drank cows milk all my life, so that's what we are introducing to her, unless we actually have an issues, lol I mean, if she does have issues with it then we will be trying something else.
  • My daughter turns 1 next week and I haven't bothered trying to transition yet. She eats plenty of fruit but isn't real impressed with veggies so until I can get her eating a bit more she will still get 3 bottles a day of formula. If she waits a bit longer to transition it won't matter too much. Goodluck hope you have better luck soon
  • @tinka1326 oh yea I'm not too worried about it, I just know my supply is dramatically depleted and I don't have much in the freezer so I was hoping not to have to buy formula, but if we do, I don't think she will like it and we will be back to square one.
  • Formula won't be as harsh on her tummy as cows milk. Goodluck xox
  • @mama_kat poor Taryn! :-(

Maybe try almond or coconut milk trixiesmom8?
  • @tinka1326 true, but it would take us a while to transition her on that considering she hasn't had any.
    @ourlittlenugget yea, we will be trying something if it doesnt work.