im In a New state

edited October 2012 in Military moms
So, i just moved From California to Tennessee. Im far away From home. My Family is back In Cali. I miss them already. Its just me, my husband & Nyla. I got here on saturday & sunday at 5am my husband had WoRk & hes still not back its 9:44pm. Ive been bored but i kept busy with Nyla & laundry & unpacking. The moving company hasnt brought us our stuff. Nyla has none of her toys Or tv to watch :( i havent step foot outside since i got here. But i will go for a walk 2moro pushing Nyla In her stroller aound our apt complex.

Comments

• I bet its a hugggge change from Cali !! I think ur only like a hour from me I hope its better for u there its sooo boring here lol!
  • @mrz_jackson lol it is different. I went to Walmart saturday evening & everyone was staring at me. I guess, its cuz i look different n im asian Or maybe its my Cali swag haha. I only saw black & whites. But i love the colors of the trees out here :)
  • My hubby is from Tenn. It's beautiful out there, but I would be so sad to have to leave Cali. Hope you get your stuff soon so things start to feel more like home :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @rtmommy @gatorbob TN is very nice. I like it better than kentucky. But i love cali. Im From san francisco. There is so much to do. Thanks ladies, i sure hope my stuff gets here by this week. I just feel bad for Nyla having nothing to do. Shes used to waking up to my Family. Our apt is very cute n nice. I cant wait to decorate :)
  • Yay. You have stuff to look forward to with decorating. :) Nyla will be happy to explore the new place. Do the apartments have a playground or anything? That could be fun :)
  • I went through all that in January, my daughter was so used to waking up to a bunch of people and then of was just me for a.month till hubby got home. How long ago did the military pick up your stuff to move? The only thing that saved us was going on walks. Depending on how long it might take the movers maybe go to walmart or something and pick her up a toy or two.
  • Awww, I'm sure you'll meet some people soon. I bet its a big culture change for you. I've always wanted to go to Cali, it seems like there are so many places to shop there!
  • @rtmommy i will find out today if they have a playground Or not when im out exploring lol ;)

@morgdeebee they picked up our stuff on the 3rd n said our things will get here on the 9th bc our move In date was the 10th n its the 16th :( Walmart is actually about ten long long blocks away From the apt. I think i might walk over there bc my husband drove the Car to work. Nylas been so good with the whole moving process. Im glad ur Baby handled the change good also :)

@tootsie08 it really is a big difference. Tn is the country n im From the city. U should def go visit cali. Im From san francisco n there r so many shopping centers ull love it n go broke lol. Our Macys downtown has 6 floors for woman n mens lol. Our ross is five floors. We have a big main shopping Center downtown thats very nice n have hundreds of stores In it..... Our gucci store is 3 floors ;) i luv it.. I can go on forever lol. I havent even seen wat my neighbors look like yet. I hope i do meet New ppl. It will b sad if im In tn/ky for the next three yrs n didnt make any New friends :(

• Yeah nothing with the military is ever where its supposed to be when they say. Try having your husband go in to where he set the move up( not sure what its called for you guys, for us it was personal property) and see if they can give you guys any updates as to where your stuff is.
  • I'm sure you'll make new friends quickly.
  • @morgdeebee the moving company called me a while ago n said they will b here 2moro :)

@sands3 i dont think ill b making any friends here. I didnt see anybody while i was out walking :(
  • It's definitely your call swagg...wish you came to san Antonio
  • We lived at Fort Campbell for a while. Clarksville is def different and Im from that general area lol. Army life takes some getting use to. We did 2 deployments before leaving to go to career course. We lived in Clarksville for a while then moved on post. On post in that area is alot better. Its alot easier to meet people and keep busy. And not to mention your husband would have a shorter commute home. Traffic around there is HELL! That post serves about 30-40,000 soldiers.
  • Idk where you are in TN. But even if you're in a city, compared to SF it might as well be Alaska!!! At least you moved in time to enjoy the amazing fall color!

I have been pretty sedentary since having children. However, I moved a bunch all around the country in my late teens and throughout my 20s. (SF is my "dream-city"...tied with Portland, OR as far as the cities I'd most like to live.) Tennessee is beautiful and there is an element of southern-hospitality and friendliness that should help making friends. Go on lots of walks and introduce yourself to your neighbors. If you have fb, try finding a local Moms' group. Check the local library or community center for mommy-and-me story time or play groups or something else you are interested in. Have fun exploring! Moving to a new place can be isolating (once again, think Alaska...lol), so make sure you get out and introduce yourself to people!
  • @newmomma13 lmao i guess so huh ;)

@armywife5 we r In clarksville lol. I live off post but right near gate 4 In the independence place apt complex. Yes, traffic is bad out here. We are on the waiting list for a place on post.

@math_Mommy i love trees and the colors r beautiful out here thats the First thing i told my husband when he picked me up From nashville Airport. Ppl around here barely come out their apt :-/ i guess ill wait to make friends on post.
  • It took me awhile to make friends in Cali when we moved from San Antonio, TX but what helped was making my husband make double dates with his coworkers. Other military wives are just as lonely as you at first :) keep you're head up, it gets easier!
  • @victoriarenee hmm that double date does Sound like a good idea. Thanks girl ;) i will bring it up to him :)