I must not be normal.

edited October 2012 in Parenting
I am feeling like a weird mommy. My oldest son is 5 and in kindergarden. I have been taking him to school, because we live out of the district. So I walk in with him while he gets breakfast. I used to sit with him til the bell rang for class. But now I just walk him through the line. But I feel guilty for leavin him there. I know this isnt normal.

Comments

• Its very normal, i dropped lo off in daycare for the first time this morning, i cant get my heart to slow down and i feel very bad for leaving her, thats nice that you walk with him :) i'm sure he isn't lonely sitting there
  • My son started preschool this year, and I felt horrible and guilty every day for the whole first month.
  • Well this has lasted more then a month. Some days im ok leaving him. But other days, like today, I had a hard time leaving him. :-(
  • It sounds normal to me! I cried and cried when my son started school. I used to walk home after dropping him in tears, and i used to count the minutes to hometime!
  • Ya, I love him even if I cant always control him. I miss him when hes gone.
  • When Nathan first went to preschool, it was so hard for me to leave him. When he went to kindergarten, it was hard for maybe the first week or two (but I also had a new baby at home) and he started half way through the year after spending the 1st half with his dad. Now he is in the first grade and I drop him off right in front of the school. :) He likes to feel independent, so I let him go to breakfast and sit with his friends from class and walk to his classroom. I do pick him up everyday, right at the classroom door, but I usually walk in the afternoon. It get's easier hun, you aren't weird.
  • It's normal. I'll be homeschooling mine ;-)
  • I hope it does get easier. Lol. Im not smart enoug to home school.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.