false doc update =)

edited October 2012 in Pregnant
I think im having false labor i have some lower back pain started dull at around 9 nowj it hurts more and im getting some pain in my front abdomen (pelvis) i though maybe i was having braxton hicks. Is this still Braxton hicks i dont want to fo to the er unless its the real thing myhubby is pulling a double and is a little far away. They are 20 min apart now they were 25. It kinda feels like period cramping..

I was about a 3last chwck up on monday.

Due nov 13 36wks

Update......

Im at a three and 75 percent effaced how much longer do you guys th ink it will be?

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Do they go away if you get up and walk around? Or do they get worse? Drink water and lie down on your left side. If you're having more than 4 contractions in an hour, you're supposed to go get checked. You're still preterm, right?
  • I had braxton hicks like crazy at the end of my last pregnancy.. I was constantly in l&d. I would give it another hour and if nothing helps, go in. Take some tylenol, drink lots of water, and lay down.. hope you feel better!
  • @rtmommy they dont go away when i i get up the pain pretty much keeps on =/ im going to try that
    @nova i know hes too little god i wish there was someway we knew you know.
    @lucyloo288 if i am in labor will taking tylenol be bad
  • With bh, you should feel them go away with activity and they will feel worse laying down. Real contractions get worse with activity. That's what I get. If you can time them regularly, you're having real ones. Take tylenol...it's not going to harm anything if you're in real labor. But call your doc if you have more than 4 on an hour.
  • I had bx all time mine didn't get better with activity at all it would hurt more. One night they were so bad I thought I was in labor. Try your best to relax drink water. And if it keeps going call the on call nurse before u go on since husband is working I'm sure u don't want to go in of its just bx. keep timing them unless u fall asleep then that's good thing. Please update if u get a chance.
  • No, tylenol won't hurt anything.. that was my first question, too.. :) I hope you're feeling better now or went in for some peace of mind.

Just because you can time them and they don't go away with changing your activity doesn't mean they're real contractions. Real contractions change your cervix and sometimes that's the only way to tell the difference, especially with a second pregnancy so soon after the first. When I was pregnant the second time, I had a spell of bh that was so bad, I swore I was in full on labor. It lasted 9 hours and they started out about 8-10 minutes apart and were 2-3 minutes apart when I finally went in. The beginning of actual labor was nothing compared to these. But my cervix wasn't changing, so I was sent home..
  • How are you doing now?
  • Hope u and baby are ok?
  • Any update màmà ?
  • ^ yep...I was in early labor from late 36-early 38 weeks...it sucked so bad!! I think my posts are still here from it too.
  • I was just restating what my doctor explained to me (or at least what I understood). If that is the case, then I was in labor from 32 weeks. They kept telling me it was just braxton hicks. Sorry for misleading you @salasmommy! I do hope that you are feeling better now, tho!
  • just thinking about u and was checking for an update!! Hope all is well.
  • Hey guys im sorry i havent been on! My babyshower was yesterday. Wow im almostn 37 wks and im miserable!! I've still been having contractions althought o don't even know what kind they are anymore. Im hoping to have him soon. I have a feeling it won't be too long with all these pains. Im just starting to get the last things around the house done before he comes. I havent been to the doctor since i was so usy wi th th e baby shower he left me two messages well the nurse did and i will get back to him on monday im sure he will be upset. =/ hopefully he will have me come in tomorrow and he will have good news.
  • Glad you're feeling better!
  • Glad your feeling better...I know the last month of pregnancy is hell....you can make it though it's for the healthy baby. Remember I waited 42weeks she came at the very last day of the 42nd week. I had labor pains and Braxton Hicks SOO BADLY for the last week of my pregnancy. I hear that BA IRS are more alert if they come late then anything else I don't know but if that's true.... Muscle it out :D
  • I thought for sure u had him... I'm glad he decided to wait a lil longer.I hope u get some good news from Dr. Goodluck and I'm glad u made it to full term. Get some rest wont be much longer.
  • Glad you're okay!! You're term now, so a lot fewer worries if you go into labor now :) Hope your shower was awesome.
  • @adding1more Dr. Goodluck :-)) good one..
  • Oh so happy your better.. Baby will be here soon enough! :) enjoy some time to relax!
  • Thanks for keeping up with me guys my appt is today at 3pm. I can't wait to hear your baby will be here soon! Lol we r so ready already! Just finishing washing the last load of the clothes n blankets we got at the shower. I will update after the appt!! <3