further along or big baby???

edited October 2012 in Pregnant
first off im not the one pregnant,lol my friend is 32-33 weeks preggo and her son is weighing 5lbs9oz,increased somewhat painful braxton hicks,abd dilated from a 0 to 1 to 2 all in 2 days,her edd by her ob is Dec 4th ...she was a 5 to 6 lb baby and bd was 10lb baby,shes not positive on her exact lmp..is it possible she can be further along or could she just be having a big baby?

Comments

• Hmm. I think she's further along if they think her baby is that big. My son was 32+4 when born and he was 3.14oz. Generally babies that gestational age are 3-4lbs. I really doubt 6. Then again, ultrasound is notorious for being inaccurate, so who really knows. :) That helps not at all...lol sorry.
  • @rtmommy i think so too,they couldn't even fit his whole profile on an us pic
  • Could be a big baby. My oldest was born at almost 31 weeks (30 +4) he was 4 pounds 12 oz. Anything is possible
  • I began to.dilate early.and had lots of contractions and my belly was measuring a few weeks ahead. I had a big baby he was 8lbs 7oz and 20 inches long...
  • @jen91811 did your due date remain the same or did they change it?
  • I think just big baby my son was 9lbs 1oz born at 41 weeks
  • Oh he also measured big to be big the whole time
  • It remained the same. They dnt.change due dates that far along because the best dd estimate is when they are just forming because babies all have different weights.. thats what my dr told me when i thought they were going to change my due date..
  • My baby was measuring big my while pregnancy, born at 39 weeks my son was 9 pounds 8 ounces. My husband was 9 pounds 4 ounces, so it can be genetic especially since the baby daddy was big.
  • Could just be a big baby. My 1st was 8lbs 15oz and my 2sd was 9lbs 3oz....so I have big babies. Does she have another kids..if she does were they big at birth?
  • I measured almost two weeks ahead...because they had my due date wrong. I knew exactly when I got pregnant...and it was way off from the first us (which is what's happening again)...so they very well could have been way off about the due date.
  • Hun they told me my baby would end up being a little over 9lbs at birth and she was born 8lbs 110z so ultrasound weigh ins arn't all that accurate..if she's getting real close to giving birth minus or plus a pound..