just came back from the er...

edited October 2012 in Babies Health
My 15 month old had a fever of 103.5 and it wasn't going down with ibuprofen...so we took him in. They just think its viral so they gave him a dosage of tylenol, and sent us home. I'm so exhausted that I can't think straight! I have to rotate the tylenol and ibuprofen every 3 hours...I just hope he gets over whatever he has, and doesn't pass it to the baby. I don't want her getting really bad sick at 7 weeks!

On top of a fever he's cutting 3 teeth all on one side. He never seems to catch a break! :(

Comments

• Oh poor baby! I hope he gets to feeling better quickly. Sick babies are so pitiful. :(
  • Oh poor baby:( I hope he feels better soon...I hate when kids are sick...you feel helpless sometimes:(
  • Thanks ladies :) he's feeling a little better, and I've only had to give him tylenol and ibuprofen both once today. He doesn't feel as hot anymore so I'm hoping the fever part is gone now, and he's getting better!

@1stwoodsbaby @sehra4177 @blessedtxmom
  • A friend of mine new someone who had a child that was seizing his mom bright him into the hospital, he had a high temp also. It ended up to be teething. Every youth in his mouth was trying to pop thru at once which caused the fever which then caused the seizure. The dr cut his upper & lower comes to relieve pressure. The next day he had a full set of teeth!! Crazy.
  • Corri just went through this, except it turned out to be strep throat. They did all kinds of tests. Xray, MRI, blood, urine... They thought at first that it was meningitis. The very last test they did (rapid strep test) was positive. And all she had was a fever of 103.5 for symptoms.
  • Does your son have asthma? @ErikaK22

My point of this is not to put you down, but just to say we all do the best we can in the situation we are in. There is no reason to put someone down for simply doing what they feel is best for their child. Im not looking to fight or argue with you, jus know that we all are doing the best we can. This isnt and shouldnt be a place for judgement.
  • No, he doens't. @ Coltensmamma. Does this have anything to do with a STUDY that JUST came out? NO! I'm sure no one KNEW that there was a link. But really. I WASNT putting anyone down for using tylenol. Seriously. No wonder everyone left this forum!
  • Okay and if your were in the exact same situation tomorrow, im prone to believe that you would do the same thing that you did the last time. Because the risk out weighs the benefit....thats how many people feel about circ. Now im not saying that i dont agree with the info your giving. I had my son circumsized and wish i would have made a more informed decision. I dont know that i would have chose to not have it dont, but surely wish i would have done more research. I feel like you could have useful info, but making those of us who make different decisions than you feel like crap is not helping anyone.
  • I still don't see where I'm putting ppl down because of the tylenol & asthma link. But of couse, someone on here will drag it out, and say I'm such a "bully". Goodnight. I cant waste any more brain cells arguing back and forth when ppl get all defensive, and act like I'm trying to "bully" and make moms feel bad for giving their kids tylenol.
  • Actually they were linking asthma with Tylenol back in 2011, it's nothing new
  • @Kimberly4411.... i wasnt even going to go there. Lol
  • edited September 2013
    @coltensmamma lmfao ;;)
  • edited September 2013
    @ericaK22 And they tell you to get a life?? lol
  • edited September 2013
    @excitedforoctober No shit -_-
    There's a reason why I edited it, sorry for being late I'm not always on here being a troll
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @homebirthadvocate Exactly what I was thinking. I'll stick to FB groups!
  • Honestly, there's nothing wrong with stating your opinion followed by facts... That's OK, but when you go on and on and on about it, especially to someone that has their mind up already, it's obvious that someone is gonna get worked up and is gonna say something. The same way you won't let anyone change your opinion.

I personally appreciate the advice and the info, it comes in handy, but leave it at that. Let people make the decision they want with the info that was given, and respect it.

For example, I personally don't agree with abortion. I don't understand why or where women get the strength to do it and I probably never will... BUT I respect the opinion of those that are for it and I also respect the women who have aborted as well. I just know that I personally would never be able to do it.

If we keep trying to impose our opinions on those who have a different one, we will constantly be going at it.
  • I was in no way trying to "dig up" anything old. I was actually trying to look back and see if she had any other post that i thought would be good reads that i could learn something from. As i stated before i think her info can be helpful. When i can upon this thread i thought it wohld make a good comparison on how we arent always 100% educated on the risks(though we should be). Im just trying to relate it to the circ arguement. It was clear that veevee had her mind mad up, and all that was hapening out of that agruement was making those of us who did circ feel like we were terrible moms. This just isnt the place for that. I value the new info and will use it to be more prepared if there is a next time. But no reason to shove it down our throats. Im sorry if i was being mean, just trying to prove a point....ill be more respectful next time. My appologies.
  • @loladbabynum1 whooooooa! Lmao...get your effen panties out of a bunch yeah!
  • Everyone needs to chill. There's one controversial post and everyone blows it way out of proportion. I give my children Tylenol and i circumsied both my boys, but I'm not getting all worked up. Every mother has their own opinions and their way of doing things. Let's just let all the nonsense go.
  • @excitedforoctober why don't you get off this post. You obviously are just sticking around to spout drama. Totally typical for you. Seems whenever there is a stir up you are right in the middle if it.
  • @ashley_smashley and there you always are right behind me as always! You know me so well by now huh? So why not keep it moving?
  • Huh? I actually have been pretty quiet lately, bc just like with@ericaK22 everything I post gets turned into something it shouldn't be. I am not the only one who thinks you're a trouble maker, I am just the only one who will call you on your shit. Which is fine. I don't blame the others for not wanting to be pounced on by your lynch mob. So yeah why don't you keep scrolling past posts that don't resonate with you.
  • Closing this discussion. Please read the forum rules: http://www.pregly.com/help/forum-help/forum-rules/
This discussion has been closed.