baby moving down

edited October 2012 in Pregnant
when should baby start to move down? i saw my midwife today who said he should have started to move down already and as he hasnt i may not be able to have a vbac because they may want to book a csection for 2weeks before my due date!! im 34+2 and had finally got my head around everything and decided to go for a vbac now im told i probably wont get to have one!

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Baby doesn't even usually drop until during labor in subsequent pregnancies! I can't believe she's doing that! Yikes!

@homebirthadvocate What would you do?
  • This is still early to tell..I don't know why u were told that. But do what u think is right for you and your baby.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I didn't drop till I was in labor with both my kids... your doctor is crazy!!
  • @everyone thanks for ur comments! like i said i had finally come decided on a vbac and found a really helpful consultant to talk to and then i get told this! i was gutted!
    i thought i had read that its usually first time mums who have babies drop a bit earlier!
    the way she was telling me today was as if because with my last son i had a failed induction that it would be the same this time round and that baby wouldnt engage and i have to have another section! she told me to go back to see her in 3 weeks and then we would book a date for the section! im thinking of finding a new midwife! do u think i should this far into my pregnancy?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.