i need ecoli info

edited October 2012 in Health
There is outbreak in my area from a fair. There not sure if it from the petting zoo or from a vendor. Is it contagious????

Comments

• edited October 2012
    I read it is due to poor hygiene and not adequate handwashing. Also toddlers not potty trained spread it to parents and caregivers cuz is a gi issue
  • It is contagious with poor hygiene, otherwise it is not airborne. When you go out don't let LO touch unsanitary objects and wash your hands before eating and avoid putting dirty hands into your mouth. We all have an abundance of E.coli in our guts, as it helps with digestion.
  • e. Coli is why I have kidney disease. I ate a bunch of salad that was contaminated. Yep, I pretty much ate someone's poop!! Anyways, yes, the best way to not get it is to wash your hands, fruits, veggies. Good hygiene.
  • I know 30 something ppl in my county have been infected.which is where the fair is held. One baby has past away from the infection. I know when we went to the fair. We did pet the goats but we also washed our hands at the hand washing station. I think it was from a vendor. It freaks me out