When is the best time to pierce your daughters ears? Where can I get it done peacefully and safetly?

edited October 2012 in Babies
The question speaks for it's self when is it in your opinnion the best time to pierce babygirls ears and how can I do it without causing a scene? Where can it get done?

Thank You!

Comments

• In my family they got it done after 3 days of birth! I guess its less painful?
  • @ezrahsmama I'd be screwed in that case lol. I wouldn't think so my daughter's 3 months old now at first I was thinking after she gets her shots. But i'm not sure now.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm not vaxxing my 7 week old..so I'm not sure if I'll get them done early..but some hospitals do them...so you might be able to call around and see which hospitals in your area do them. I don't trust the piercing places in the malls.
  • @EricaK22 If I were to know hospitals do it I would have had them done by now! thanks for telling me.
  • They say you can get them after their 2 month shots...I got Kaylee's done when she turned 6 months at Claire's
  • edited October 2012
    @Mom2ING Good idea I can ask her pediatrician.
  • I think if you wait till after 6 months it's better. Their ears are so tiny but once the get a little older its easier to make sure they are even etc... I had my daughters done at 11 months
  • edited October 2012
    I did Scarlett after 2 month shots. And that way it's safe Doesn't hurt as bad and they don't play with their ears until much later that way lots time to heal. I'm glad I did it earlier BC now that she is 10 months she knows her ears and is always playing with them which would be bad if u just get then done.
  • @tinka1326 How did you get her to not rubb her ears or pull her ears and whatnot so they can heal properly? Cause if I choose to do it later like between 6months and a year I don't want her to irritate it, pull it out or worse..
  • I did them at 11months with no problems I did them at a place in the mall cleaned them 3 times a day and she has never ripped them out.
  • @MorgDeeBee Is she an active kid?
  • My little girl is very active. Never had an issue with her playing with them. She touched them a couple times right after they were done and it made it sore so she stopped. Had them 2 weeks now and they are perfect
  • She is very active like @tinka1326 she played with them a few times but I would just move her hand and say no no after a few days she stopped. My husband accidentally pulled one.out changing.her shirt we just cleaned the earring and the hole put it back in and no problems since. She has had them.done since April.
  • I did my lo at 3 months Clair's here has an age limit and they r the only ones who r able too beside Walmart but they have to have 14 k gold or white so they don't ha e an allergic reaction to any of the metals, mine lo would if been ok if they didn't make me hold her down the way they did