is it ok if ur baby stoll isnt walking at 15 months?

edited October 2012 in Ages & Stages
My baby boy is almost 15 months he's crawling n walking with support such as toys n with my help walking with him but he can't walk alone or has no balance when I let him go he just falls am I the only one ? Only reply if u have had this or is currently having the same issue thanks

Comments

• I had 2 boys tht didn't walk until around tht time
  • My sisters boys didn't start walking until 16 months n the only thing that worked was to bribe them with stuff. candy, chocolate,etc..
  • My son is 16 and a half months and not walking. The ped said normal is walking by 16 months, but my son started working with early intervention at 11 months because he wasn't sitting by himself yet. When did your son start crawling? Mine started at 13 months so the physical therapist says its normal he's not walking, he's building strength. They tell me just to leave walkers for him to push, help him climb stairs and walk with him holding his hand. He's almost walking, he'll take steps by himself here and there. I wouldn't worry if I were you, I bet he's either scared or not quite strong enough to balance. Early intervention said 18 months can even be normal. My son was waaayyy behind and no one is too concerned, he's just on his own time :)
  • All babys are different, give him time :)
  • Now my cousins son started walking at about 6 months and thts pretty much how all the babies in my family hav been except my daughter. She just turned 16 months and she jus started really walking last night actually. She would make a step or two until she realized n then drop to her butt. Shes been insane this morning walking all over! Lol it will happen when hes ready :)
  • Well I'm not having this issue but when I took my daughter to her one year checkup she wasn't walking yet and the dr said that's totally fine and no reason for concern until they are 18 months.
    Sounds like he could be walking soon bc my daughter did the same as he is doing then just started walking one day
  • @michellebelle he started crawling late also around 13 months but yea ill just wait to c wat he does next let me know ASAP when ur little one starts ..n is he walking with help yet? Toys or people holding hand?
  • My daughter didn't start till like 14-15 months. Her doctor said not to worry till about 18 months.
  • One of mine didn't start until 18 months. He's 7 years old now and he's fine. I wouldn't worry since he's walking with support, he'll probably take off soon.
  • @mommy2b88 yep he walks with a push walker and holding on to one of your fingers. I can't remember when he started doing it but he started out having to hold both your hands above his head and you had to lift up on his hand when you wanted him to take a step on that side so he's come a long way, slowly but surely. I'll let you know when he's walking, I feel it may be a little bit yet cuz he's stubborn and sits down and won't walk more when he figures out you're going to keep trying to slip your hand away and let him take some steps on his own.