Doctor wouldn't test me?

So I had my pap today and I was expecting for the doctor to test me for pregnancy since we have been ttc and my period is less than a week away but she wouldn't. Are all doctors like that?

Comments

• No.. Your was having bad day. Mine would test if I didn't know and think I might be even if not trying... I mean it doesn't take long it sure isn't hard. I'm sorry.
  • Mine tests me every time I have an appt.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Jules @1stwoodsbaby That's what I thought...I mean I did give them a urine sample, what else would they use it for? Her answer was I don't want to test u and it turn out negative when it might be positive...but what if it is positive?!
  • Im not sure what else they check for. I've never asked. Thats strange they wouldn't go ahead and test since they already had the urine.
  • I used to work in the ER and I did urine dips and pregnancy tests. The tests are no better than a urine test you could buy yourself so that's probably why she didn't test you. I didn't get a positive using one of them until the day before my missed period. Only a blood test would be more sensitive. When they take your urine they're usually checking for a uti and various other things like high protein.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Well still don't get why she would not test if it comes out negative or not why does it matter to her she's the Doc. All she could say is it may be a little early if it comes out negative and just tell u to test again later after all it could have been positive
  • I wouldn't worry i would just get a test at the dollar store they are cheap and work the same it probably is too early to test anyway i got a blood test 2 days late and it still said negative
  • It takes time to put in an order, diagnosis code and sign said order. I don't know of any docs that will test prior to missed period because the percentage of positives are very low. Planned parenthood won't even test you until the day of your missed period.