5 oz

edited October 2012 in Formula Feeding
Has anyone else's baby started taking 5 oz at 7 weeks? My daughter didn't start taking that much until way later, but I think my son is wanting that much at 7 weeks.. either that or he's just been wanting to eat today because he's not feeling good..

Comments

• I dont remember what she was drinking at 7 weeks but at almost a year she has never wanted more than 6oz but here is a bump
  • My one year old only takes 5oz now. That's the highest she ever went but most babies eat more than that. If he's eating it and isnt fussy or puking from it he's fine.
  • That does sound like a lot but maybe its his way of soothing since isn't feeling good. Maybe try his normal amount the replace the bottle for a binki of you use them and see if that worked.
  • Lol, my lo stared taking 5 oz at 2 weeks. And that's hungry baby milk as well. He feeds every 3 hours, day and night. He's just a hungry baby. My little girl was the same. My health visitor said not to worry x
  • My son is 4 weeks and drinks 4oz plus breast milk.
  • My 2 month old drinks 4oz every 4hours
    At 7 weeks old she had 3oz every 3 hours
  • My daughter will b 7 weeks tomorow and she drinks 4ozs
  • I think @fate mentioned her little man was a very good eater.
  • My daughter ate 4 oz every hour an a half at 2 weeks
  • My son takes 4.5 every 3 hrs and he os almost 5 months. Dr.said he will spit up if it's too much. In that case I just lower it. I just started doing 5 this week since the last time I tried he spit up
  • Thanks everyone.. I guess he just wasn't feeling good last night because this morning he's good with a little less than 4 oz. He has reflux so its hard to tell if he's getting too much by that test. But its good to know that it wouldn't be weird of he did want that much! :)

@lilliansmom @steph_due_101611 @morgdeebee @cheryl74 @mamafn3 @1stwoodsbaby @aubreysmommy @mijita @mrz_jackson @leviluv8
  • Just to make you feel better my health visitor has told me to put Freddie on 6oz. He's been having this for 2 days now and finally goes 4 hours between feeds. X