HUBBY RETURNING!!!!!!

edited October 2012 in Current Events
:) I'm so freakin excited/anxious that I'm scrubbing the s*** out of my walls!! :p ahhhhhh!!!!!!

Comments

• :D \:D/ :D \:D/ :D \:D/ :D \:D/ :D \:D/
  • That's so exciting!! :D
  • That's super exciting!

Ok..please please don't take this the wrong way...but posting troop movements is a big no no in the military. I know you didn't post specifics..but this is a public forum that anyone can read. Just by looking at your previous discussions I see you live in or near spannaway..the enemy can easily figure out what military institutions are near you and go from there. ..
  • Yikes, @ashley_smashley I didn't think of that! :/
  • @ashley_smashley didn't think of that either... Oops
  • Thanks ladies :)
  • I really was not trying to be mean..my first husband did 2 tours in Iraq (the first 12 months, the second 15 months)...and they always were drilling that into our brains. I know how exciting it is to be in that window..we just want to be safe with info.
  • Awesome for you!!!!! Idk if you can answer but is his deployment over? My friend had her husband get home 1 month b4 their baby was due and he had to go back almost right away. She had that all over fb tho but I can see y you wouldn't want it on a public forum. Especially if the whole platoon is coming back.
  • @ashley_smashley oh, for sure. I didn't think you were being mean at all :) just cautious :)
  • What do u mean? I'm not a military wife but I know where all the bases are near me ..doesn't everyone?? @ashley_smashley
  • @char yes, he will be home for good, until next deployment that is :) I never post on my fb it just completely slipped my mind that anyone can read this! My bad... Lol
  • @lafiitz89 she just means if there's too much detail given it can be problematic for service members if the enemy (terrorists) gets ahold of certain information and attacks.
  • @lafiitz if someone wanted to attack a group of troops they could use the info that her hubs was returning from afghanistan in 24 hrs, and figure out what base she lived closest to..then set up an attack on that group...bc they now know when and where the large group of troops will be
  • I am super excited for you by the way! Homecomings are do much fun!! Did u make a sign?
  • Oh I.thought there was always troops on a base. Well congrats to u =] don't know how u women do it
  • @ashley_smashley I was going to but he's not into it so I'm just gonna be waiting for him :) he doesn't want me to bring the kids if I don't have to (and depending on the time he is wheels down) so they might be home with a family member and he will surprise them here :)
  • @lafiitz89 thank you :) it's not easy but he sure makes it worth it :X
  • @MamaLove Are u expecting? I am just wondering because if not.....
  • @char no ma'am I have a 4 yr old son and a 13 month old daughter :) he was only home for 3 months of her life (6months to 9 months) so she's definitely changed since he's seen her last :)
  • How exciting!!
  • Im sp happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited October 2012
    @MamaLove Oh no your poor husband!!! Well hopefully he has a couple years at home b4 going back. Did they let him come home for her birth?
  • @ripkaydence thanks love :)

@char he was training so he couldn't come home... It sucks but at least he gets the enjoy everything else. And with what he does he deploys very often. I will be lucky to get about 8 months with him until he leaves again :)
  • Im so happy for you! <3
  • That is so exciting!

@lafiitz89 As long as you don't have specific dates and times you are not in violation of opsec (ex. My husband comes home soon vs. My husband cones home on this day at this time.)
  • @salasmommy thank you so much!!

@morgdeebee very! Idk how I'm gonna sleep tonight
  • That's okay lol the day my husband got home he was supposed to land at 3am Nd I never went to sleep that night, I had to wake my daughter up at 130am to head over and he didn't actually land till like 7am lol