two week long period??? bc question

edited October 2012 in Health
Ok so my first period after my son started 2 Fridays ago so this Friday will be 3 weeks. Is that normal? I had him August 7. Since then, I've had my gall bladder removed so idk if that has anything to do with it. Also, I started the pill the 2 days after my period started and missed 3 days due to an unexpected out of town trip. we haven't been having sex but can I start taking them consistently and be normal? Will the pills be effective even with this long period? I've never been on bc before so I know nothing. Lol thanks

Comments

• What kind of pill are you on? My guess is the bleeding is from missing a few days, and I wouldn't have unprotected sex until you've gone a few weeks to a month worth of pills without missing any..
  • @natashalynn thank you. Yeah, had light spotting Friday and Saturday then it came on hard and hasn't quit since. The pills begin with an S but I can't think of the name
  • Are you breastfeeding? Is it the mini pill? But I agree with the other post, I'd wait at least a month to have unprotected sex.
  • @trixiesmom8 not bf and because I was bf and bottle feeding at my 6wk checkup, they said I needed a stronger pill. I have the name of it at home but I'm at my moms. do you think the pill could make my periods longer or maybe because its the first one after giving birth? I had a normal one after my daughter.
  • It could just be because its the first one and your body regulating to the pill.
  • @trixiesmom8 yeah, thank you. Do you think I'd still ovulate as normal after its over?
  • That idk..maybe @homebirthadvocate would know.
  • When I was on the pill if I missed 3 pills I would bleed from that time all the way until my actual period would be due to end. Ovulation is sometimes stopped by the pill but when you miss pills you can ovulate then.. everything will go back to normal when you get your pills straightened out (next cycle) whether you continue to ovulate or not depends on how your body reacts to the pill
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.