what do you think? update at bottom

edited October 2012 in Current Events
Parents who took baby daughter from Lehigh Valley Hospital speak out http://lsnlw.com/t/3054809272/

Were the parents right or wrong? What would you do in this situation?

Comments

• Link won't load.
  • Ya can't see anything.
  • I think it's total bull shit! So let me get this straight...a woman can choose what to do with her unborn child, but she can't do as she pleases with her born child?! The articles I read never said why the child was there, but irreguardless it's the parents RIGHTS to deny treatment at anytime for their children! I think it's rediculous that at first it was reported to cops as a abducted child...ABDUCTED!! It's their own child for gods sakes!!
  • And another thing people sign themselves out AMA all the time at the hospital with no police intervention...but this family is now denied access to THEIR child for doing this...god damned police states...
  • @ashley_smashley I agree, this hospital is where my third child was born...I hated it there. Only reason I went there is my insurance changed. They were so wish woshy and I feel they went about it wrong. The other local hospital (which is alot smaller) has gps bracelets on all babies...this particular hospital didn't do that. The only reason I say this is bc I'm also thinking about what if when I was there someone decided to walk off with my baby. Oh and she was there bc born premature, down syndrome, and multiple heart defects. As long as I can try and do something for my child or feel that what the hospital is doing us not enough I'd take her too.
  • Agreed! Your damn straight I would take my child! I am so disgusted!
  • wow smh .. wtf is this world coming to.. people can kill their babies while having an abortion but they cant take their babies out of the hospital ? this is so dumb.. ill be beyond pissed if i was stopped while i was trying to look out for my kids health.
  • @Janet_2011 exactly! I think the hospital went about it all wrong...it could have been handled differently. I had personal experience with this hospital and would drive out of my way to go to a different one.
  • What the Fuck????! I can understand being cautious with all the crazies out there, but cmon. Really?? So as soon as you're in a hospital that baby isn't yours?? Insane.
  • edited October 2012
    While I think the parents have the right to take her for a second opinion it sound like her health wasn't good enough to go by car. They probably needed to arrange medical transport. I didn't read the whole article but a hospital can get a court order even for an adult (uncommon but legal). I am wondering with multiple heart problems y they would have moved her without medical personnel. I know I wouldn't have the slightest clue what to do in that situation if something went wrong.
  • Okay just finished it I still don't think they went the safest route for their baby. But holy shit!!!
  • I think it's crazy but at same time I would have demanded my child to be transported to the hospital of choice. Not taken by car only for her own safety. But like I said so crazy that they are thinking about charging the parents they are obviously not trying to hurt their lo
  • I'd be pissed!!! Can you say law suit!!
  • I just think the whole filing charges and getting child services involved is crazy! I can see tho how this particular hospital could cause someone to go to these lengths to go somewhere else tho.
  • edited October 2012
    A judge has sided with the Lehigh County parents who attempted to take their baby from Lehigh Valley Hospital this week ...

http://cdn.localwireless.com/wap/news/text.jsp?sid=305&nid=1628197694&cid=18396&scid=-1&checksum=3516889106
    @ChristinaLynn @jules @char @natashalynn @Janet_2011 @ashley_smashley thought you guys would be interested in this update:) at least the judge is transferring the baby to CHOP...hopefully the whole custody thing falls into place...but the main thing is this baby getting to a better hospital.
  • omg thats awesome, thanks god the judge wasnt as idiotic as the doctors.
  • Thanks for the update!! I'm glad the judge understood.
  • Jeebus thank god someone has brains! Thanks for the update!
  • I think the doctor/hospital only saw dollar signs.
  • @char yup, I was telling my fiancee about it and he was saying they treat you like a number at that hospital. Our other hospital is so much better