Announcement about privacy, please read

edited October 2012 in About App & Forum
Please remember that Pregly is a public forum. While registration may be closed to new members there is nothing in place to prevent the public from viewing what you post, your profile pictures (past and present) and anything you or others write on your "wall". IF YOU POST PERSONAL INFORMATION, you do so at your own risk. I will be happy to remove your real name, phone number, address or email address from your post history as well as changing usernames and removing profile pictures (either current or past). A good way to find if you have any such information posted in an old thread and to find out which thread it would be in is to open Google in your browser and then type your information in and if it is listed someplace on the forum it should come back listed in the search results. To check what is written on your wall please either contact myself or a friend on the forum and ask that we look (when viewing your own "wall" you also see your "activity" listed which makes it difficult to see everything). If you have old threads that you want deleted for privacy and safety reasons ONLY please contact me with the exact thread title(s), I will not be able to delete all threads because they have to be done individually and I will need time to help others as well.

If you have any concerns about a member, former member, or non member "stalking" you "harassing" you or otherwise simply being uncomfortably nosy then it is your personal responsibility to ensure that you maintain your anonymity on the forum. In the instance of divorce or custody issues, if you feel your Pregly account may be used against you the simplest option would be to have it deleted. It is remotely possible that I can help you to obtain a new account under such extreme circumstances.

I have received a few messages from people concerned with these issues and decided it was best to address them with the entire forum rather than one person at a time.

Side note; if you have a very sensitive question or issue that you want help on but you want it removed once you've received the support you need, please feel free to post and let me know when you want your thread taken down. I do ask that you be understanding that I am not able to be on the forum 24hrs a day though and it may take me a day or two to follow through. I don't want people to not get the help they need though. Another option would be to inbox any forum member you believe may have the information you need or to post a thread asking people to inbox you for details.

Comments