** UPDATE**UPDATE**SPOTTING**HELP**NEED OPINION**IS IT NORMAL OR POSSIBLE EARLY MISCARRIAGE**

edited November 2012 in Pregnant
According to the Dr's based on ultrasound i am currently 12wks 1 day prego but according to me with my LMP I am 11wks 3 days... I first spotted on Oct 3rd & blew if off cuz i has intercorse... then i spotted the 9th & 10th but i did not have intercourse... went to the Dr but spotting had stopped... baby heart was fine but i had a uti... Then on the 16th i had a regular dr appt & i was fine the dr said baby's heart rate was between 170 & 180... i had not spotted since the 10th... then that evening around 8pm i got real bad sharp pains & cramping & i started spotting... I continued to spot & went into the er on the 18th... a ultrasound was done & babies heart was 174 so that was good... I went to the Dr yesterday the 24th i went to the dr for a follow up from the er... Dr has a difficult fime finding the heart rate cuz he said it was deep in there but baby's heart rate was still about the same & sounded good... he looked at my cervix & said it was still closed... Now its been 9 days straight that i have been spotting & i am worried... the dr said even tho its not normal it can be normal... but he would prefer me not to be spotting at all... has anyone experience spotting like this during pregnancy... I think 9days straight should b something to worry about... Im worried can i please get some opinions on what it can be... I still havent stopped spotting & i dont like it one bit... Does it sound normal or like a early miscarriage... please note i jus had a baby on June 9th & i got prego again when my baby was 7wks old... I asked the dr if it can be cuzi jus had a baby & my cervix is delicate & he said no... PLEASE I NEED SOME OPINIONS FROM PEOPLE HAVE EXPERIENCED THIS & HOW THINGS TURNED OUT FOR THEM...

Comments

• @ ripKaydence ... sorry honey... whats that... im still learning... :)
  • I bumped your thread so it doesnt end up at the bottom
    The only experience i have with bleedimg ended horribly two times. Lol so when someone writes bump they dont know dont wanna give advice but bump it for someone else to and when you tag people make sure your "@" symbol os roghy beside the name.and it lights up blue like...
    @babysolorio
  • If you aren't passing clots or filling more than a pad per hour then it sounds okay. You just may be that 30% of women that bleed.
  • @ripKaydence... oh ok thks...
    @captivated... no im not bleeding to fill up pads... its jus when i wipe & sometimes a lil on my underware... Its pink wometimes & a darker pink other times... no blood clots... have u experienced bleeding threw out pregnancy or know anyone who has... this is my 8th pregnancy... but 7 th child... i had a missed miscarriage last May but did not experience any bleeding... never have... my baby's heart jus stopped so they took him... then 4 mths later i got prego again & i now have a 4 1/2 month old baby boy... & im currently 12wks prego... i had not has a baby in 13 yrs b4 i had him...
  • I spotted through my entire first trimester and actually had a full on hemorrhaging incident. Do you have fibroids? That was my culprit. And if you're spotting, you need to go on pelvic rest, no sex for you ma'am!
  • I spotted till I was 14 weeks because of a low lying placenta. I agree with @tishj330 with the pelvic rest.
  • I now have a healthy almost one year old.
  • I've spotted and been fine, then I've spotted and not been fine. As long as baby is looking ok, and there's no clots you should be okay. :-)
  • Well, anytime I have bled, I have miscarried. All four times. So I am not a good example :(
  • Usually I'd be worried, but your docs and baby seem to be doing fine from above :)
  • @TishJ330... Why are fibroids... they havent determined anything wrong... when did u hemorrhage... Was that serious...

@ trixiesmom8... I have held back on the intercourse except once... i have a ultrasound on tuesday so they'll be able to see the placenta then... at the er they said i had a cyst the size of a golfball on my right ovary but the dr said that would not cause the spotting... as for pelvic rest what else should i not do besides sex... Should i b on bed rest as well cuz that would b impossible...

@CristinaLynn... what was ur spotting like & 4 how long... & what wss the difference between the one tha was fine & the onw that wss not fine... by the wsy... sorry about ur loss...

@ captivated... sorry about ur losses... did u spot for awhile b4 u lost urs or was it full blown bleeding... did the dr say why...
  • Fibroids are noncancerous tumors that develop in the uterus. They cause really heavy periods and they can cause bleeding during pregnancy. When I was hemorrhaging it was due to a very large fibroid. It was terrible. Thank God I didn't lose Victoria. Ask your doctor if you have any fibroid tumors. They'll show up in an ultrasound
  • The spotting that I had a full pregnancy was pink on the toilet paper when I wiped and it didn't last long. It was just a few times in the first trimester. The pregnancies that ended I would spot at first, then I would light bleed for a few days and then start bleeding with clots or I had dark brown blood and then a few days later red blood (with no clots was the 13wks pregnancy that wouldn't pass) with little small clots but wasnt many.
  • It varied. Some were full blown bleeding and the others were spotting for a few weeks. My situations were totally different though as yours sounds pretty okay. I agree with the other ladies that something else is going on.
  • But you have to remember every pregnancy is different and our bodies are different. Your pregnancy may be just fine hun. Just keep going to the Drs and get checked as often as your ob suggests. If you're worried go to the er to have them find a heartbeat. :-)
  • I don't know what to say. My first pregnancy had no kind of spotting or discharge but it ended in pre-term labor. Over a year later im pregnant again, and im having a weird discharge. i've also been checked several times but everything looks l
    fine so im basically in the same boat =\
  • Did you have an ultrasound at the er? They should've been able to see it then.
  • @CristinaLynn... the ones that ended... how long did u spot for...
    @TishJ330... Im gona have them check when i get my ultrasound on Tuesday...
    @captivated... what happened after the spotting...
    What else do u think can be goin on...
    @perly... did the discharge have pink in it... how far along were u with ur loss...
    @trixiesmom8... the ultrasound tech was mad cuz they made me go pee to get urine sample & then did not fill bladder with catheter so he couldn't see my cervix area... he was able to get heart beat & since the cyst was so large thats the only reason he wss able to see it...

@everybody... im so sorry for all ur loses & i am sorry for all the questions... but i am soscared & worried... i feel like i need to know exactly why im spotting & not have it blown off as normal cuz this is my 8th pregnancy & thats never been normal for me... even my missed miscarriage i hsd last may i didnt have no spotting so i had no clue... i need an answer...
  • My loss is connected to a huge cyst i had, nothing to do with spotting. I was 17wks when i loss my little girl.
    The spotting now is very faint pink. My first doctor's appointment, i was told there was some kind of yellow discharge and they would get that tested. Days later i get a phone call and im told that the discharge was due to a yeast infection and they told me what medicine to use to get that cured. 3 days later i start having this discharge im talking about. I contacted the nurse told her about it and was told to stop the medicine. i did and 2 days later the discharge stops. Then 3 days after that i start having this discharge again. its been a week ever since. i've had an ultrasound and everything checked, and everything looks good so i have no clue what's going on now.
  • That's odd! I always went to the bathroom before I went back..I wouldn't be able to hold it in esp if they are pushing on it lol. Maybe they will do a transvaginal one instead, since you are early on. Hope its nothing major and everything checks out, its good they saw a heart beat, sounds like its not related to baby, since tour cervix is closed still. Keep me updated and if you have any more questions don't be afraid to ask:-) try not to stress too much. Also to your post before about pelvic rest. Nothing really other than no sex, I was told not to lift anything to heavy cause that could cause irritation to the cervix which is what my placenta was rubbing up against and caused the bleeding/spotting.
  • edited October 2012
    @perly... Ur loss was cuz of a huge cyst?... cuz they said i have one on my right ovary the size of a golfball... i thot cycts aren't suppose to b dangerous to u or the baby... Did they say why u loss her at 17wks... cuz the say ur most likely to loose baby prior to 12 weeks... did u spot b4 u lost her... Are they gona run more tests on u...

@trixiesmom8... They've always wanted me to have a full bladder b4 i went... Thk u i felt bad ssking all these personal questions but i knew woman on here can give me some insite & its notlnotlike its facebook...

@everybody... thks ladys for all ur stories & opinions... & again sorry about ur losses...
  • No problem at all! I'm glad to help you ladies on here. If I can ease someone's mind with a similar situation then that makes me feel better:-)
  • With the baby i lost, the pregnancy itself was healthy. No spotting, no discharge... nothing. At 13 weeks i had abdominal pain caused by the 16cm cyst that i had on my left ovarie. The cyst was checked for 3 weeks and doctor decided i needed surgery because the cyst was growing along with the baby. i had surgery at 17 weeks and lost the baby 4 days later. the loss was basically caused by the surgery. i am being monitored closely because i've had a loss, but nothing specifically.
  • I have pcos bad and im taking metformin to keep the cysts away
  • @perly... omg im so sorry for ur loss...

@californiadream... sorry
  • Its ok. Its been a little over a year since it all happened and now im expecting my rainbow, who happens to be due on my little girl's birthday . i wish i didn't have to experience that, but it has definitely made me a better person. If i could go back in time, i would choose to go through my loss all over again. although i don't have my daughter, her short stay has touched my life in a way that is completely beyond me. im thankful for everything she has thought me, and i wouldn't change it for anything in the world.
  • I hope it all works out and you are alright hun
  • @californiadream ... thk u... babys heart rate is at 133 yesterday... spottong stopped for 2 days but started again today..