How can a human being be capable of this?

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/mother_blog_serves_as_haunting_tribute_b1J6GRt5SxXSYBn6nDF45M

Read this this morning and I feel sick to my stomach, sitting at my work desk on the verge of tears. My whole heart goes out to this poor family and may those babies rest in peace, that horrible demented person deserves to rot in hell.

Comments

• Thats why I only leave my son with my mother or bil/sil. You just can't trust people Not with the most important part of your life.
    That poor family at least she had one with her. It sounds cold but that one child would be the only thing that kept me from killing myself.
  • @char even with one child I don't know that I could live knowing what my poor babies went through and knowing I was not there to protect them.
  • Thats true but my worst fear is dying b4 my lo is able to care for himself. The article said she tried to kill herself well I would finish the job.
    I can't understand why people want to kill themselves and have to ruin/take other lives in the process. I believe God has a special place in hell for those that harm children!!
    @ExcitedForOctober
  • If thats about the nanny stabbing those 2 children.. I read ghis in our newspaper this morning. I alnost didnt, cause i didn't want to cry. Im GLAD im not rich enough for a nanny. And she LIVED with them.

6 and 1.. WE have 1 Year olds!
  • @caroline8_p I wish I had never read it either, its sickening and heart breaking.
  • I have a nanny..but anyone can harm kids
  • Makes me feel sick to my stomach. Those poor babies. I can't imagine what was going through their heads. :(
  • @ezrasmommy same here, I was trying so unsuccessfully to get my mind off of it after I read it but I couldnt, I wanted to burst into tears for those poor babies.
  • edited October 2012
    I never ever send my baby to daycare I'm so glad I have a big enough family to where I always someone that's willing to watch her when I need to do things...
  • This hurts my heart! I knew I shouldn't have read it...I'm way too dang sensitive. I pray that God wraps his arms around the family and gives them strength. I couldn't imagine how devastated and heart broken they are. :-( Those poor babies!!
  • I'm with you @preggomommyof4 any one can hurt a child. I feel very fortunate to have an amazing nanny that treats my son like her own. My heart goes out to the family because I can't even imagine how devastating that would be.
  • There's some rumor floating around that the father was having an affair with the nanny and that's why she did it because he was going to leave her and then fire her. <<<< someone that lived close to the murder posted that on a website I was reading...but who knows its just a rumor...still tragic though that two innocent lives had to go like that
  • Omg my heart breaks for this family.......
  • This is the stuff that scares me so much...that's why I want to put my kids in a bubble. I'm so glad I can stay home for at least the next two years with my kids.
  • This made my heart literally break for that mother!! But at the same time, not all nannies are like this, they get a bad rap because of people who happen to be nannies and do horrid things that end up on the news...there are many wonderful nannies out there like me for example : I would take a bullet for the kids I care for, without hesitation, I love them dearly!! Anyone can hurt a child, anyone...hug your babies tight today, I know I will