help please! (& update)

edited October 2012 in Third Trimester
Well my ladies (those who are still here & lurking) I am at the home stretch lol I am 35 weeks and just did my GBS test .. I love my new doctor and very optimistic about my upcoming labor and delivery .. He requested my records from the hospital where the drama happen with my last pregnancy and review everything and he gave me some insight on what happened and what is best for me this go round .. He is behind me 100% with trying a VBAC he also will be talking to a anesthesiologist about what are my option if it comes down to me needing a csection and whatever they decide he will schedule a before appointment to speak with a anesthesiologist and discuss the option so nothing but good news all around !! Whoop whoop! But anyhoo...I wanted to know if I can start my oral round of evening primrose oil today and then do the oral and vaginal round next Friday when I am 36 week? Also I wanted to know what are some other things I can do to jump start this process imma try some squats and walking but not so much now it's a little to early but yeah any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Thats great your doctor is so helpful!
    Im not sure about your question though.
  • I don't know anything about the primrose oil, but I wanted to say congrats on the new doctor and positive outlook! That must be loads of stress off your shoulder! My daughter is under the impression that she could never have a vbac because insurance won't pay for it, but that doesn't sound right to me. She's decided to not even have anymore kids because of it! I hope yours is successful and it all works out for you! :)
  • Aw I'm so happy for you!!
  • I am 100% sure that having a VBAC or not doesnt even affect insurance so if she does decide to have another that she can very much so have a VBAC and yes I feel like a weight has been lifted but I will be extra stress free once I speak to a anesthesiologist in the case that my labor doesn't progress and I have to do a c section and thanks you guys for the support I can't wait !
  • That's exactly how I took mine...started orally at 35 weeks and vaginally at 36 weeks. I have no medical background tho lol just is what worked for me. Praying you have a smooth sailing vbac!!
  • Thank you !! I just took one and boy was it huge and I gagged but it went down lol I can't take huge pills but I gotta try .. My pills are 1000mg so I should only take one daily until 36 and then once I'm 36 how many do I take orally and vaginally ??? @coltensmamma
  • edited March 2013
  • Okay thanks my friend was telling me to at least take it 3 times orally so idk wat to do
  • @ebbry89 I've read you can take multiple and insert 3. Wish HBA was still around. She would know.
  • That's great news! Well u can start walking when it's time to get things going. Honestly I think physical activity on general really helps. I also loved my tea stuff it's all natural they have it at health food stores. I got mine at Henrys. There are details on the box. I forget the exact name sorry.
  • @wilsomom she may have been told about her doc's insurance. Some docs refuse vbac because they don't want to risk higher rates or loss of malpractice insurance. Patient insurance covers vbac and section. It would be illegal not to. Just tell her to find vbac friendly doctor/hospital.

Ebbry89 you can take up to 4000 mg a day. I plan to start at 35 weeks with 2 pills in the am, 1 at night and 1 inserted before bed. You can also start out a little less and increase over the next couple weeks.
  • @ourlittlenugget That's probably what it is, I'll talk to get about it again. Thanks!
  • Good luck, I can't believe you are already 35 weeks!!!!!
  • Yeah I told my original doctor that I wanted to VBAC and they sent me to another doctor because they don't do VBACs and I guess for that reason so you would have to search for one or get referred
    And thank you because I ain't know how many to take so im gonna take them like that
    @ourlittlenugget
    @wilsomom
  • @ebbry89 It irritates me that so few doctors are willing to try for a vbac. Have you seen the additional series to 'The Business of Being Born'? You would LOVE the stats/info they have about vabcs and even the possibility of delivering babies that are breech, etc. I am so glad you found a doc who is willing to work with you!
  • ^^I love that movie! @misskristin
  • @wilsomom They have an additional 4 part series called More Business of Being Born. I've only gotten to watch the first one of the four, but the amount of info is mind blowing!