so sensitive!

edited October 2012 in Babies
Its so weird, whenever we say no or have a stern voice with my 13m old she pouts and makes this super sad face with her bottom lip stuck out! and tears in her eyes! she just started this & I don't know what to do it seems so mean to let her sit there and pout. she's not faking (idk if that's even possible at this age??) but if you ignore it she will actually start crying.... do I have a spoiled baby or is she just gonna be sensitive? Or a really good actor? lol

Comments

• i would ignore my daughter used that at a young age at 6 months i didnt let her get to me your telling her no she needs to learn that its not something yo9ur gunna let her get away with i hope this its a fase
  • I agree! U sure don't want her to get used to doing or getting everything it will be harder to break the habit later. Good, luck!
  • She just gets so worked up idk what to do! I tell her no and try to give it about 30 seconds to sink in and then I will hug her and try to make her happy. I just don't know if that's what I should do or should I be leaving her to cry about it? that just seems too mean though
  • My daughter does it too... I ignore her and once she has calmed down I switch her attention to toys
  • Mine is sensitive too. Sometimes it's just a stage, but there's nothing wrong with sternly telling no and then lovingly redirecting. I usually say no, touch his cheek and tell him I still love him then show him something better to play with. He rarely cries if I handle it that way. :-)
  • Now is the time that being a parent becomes a lot harder because your teaching them right from wrong and what they will be able to get away with. My theory is I want her to be a bit unhappy about being told off... so that when I tell her off for trying to touch something dangerous as an example... I tell her off and she knows it's not okay and stops... kids pull at your heart strings but you learn to be strong or they do your head in lol