Im very surprised..(east coasters)

edited October 2012 in Current Events
Surprised that there isn't a bunch of posts about the storm! I know some of you r out east. how are you holding up??

Comments

• No power for 5 hours and counting. It sucks :-(
  • What state? @ourlittlenugget
    were you prepared?
  • NH. yeah we're always stocked up with the essentials just in case, but the lines are awful in our neighborhood and we always lose power. Last year it was 3-4 days. Two years before that it was 7 days. We haven't had the money for a generator but really need one!
  • That's good. stay safe and I hope you aren't out of power for too long! %%-
    @ourlittlenugget
  • Thank you! :-)
  • I still have power but tons of people around us dont its very windy and the river is starting to flood some areas around here but so far we are good. I live right next to the river but up on a hill so I have a good view of the river without the floods! I am in NY about an hour outside the city. They were evacuating parts of the city I heard and they closed lots of roads and all the bridges around here.
  • I live on the NC coast. We only got rain and wind. Nothing too bad. No power outages around me. It's still pretty windy but the rain has stopped
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I am starting to think the mayan calendar might have some truth to it. We are already losing power in franklin county Ohio. Not a lot of flooding.
    My husband ran into a driver today heading east with a trailer of portable showers. He is stopping about a 100 miles into PA and getting his destination in the morning. From what he said they already have trucks heading out with bathrooms and washing machines to.
  • really windy here in dayton ohio and cold but thats it
  • My mom just lost power in Ashtabula Ohio, about 60 miles west of Erie. I don't want to sound bad but I am happy we kept our electrical crews and swiped some from Indiana.
  • Ohio is about to take a pounding starting tonight all the way to tomorow just watched future cast on whiotv.com
  • I'm right outside Philadelphia and so far super windy. Lots of rain for the past two days, and it's supposed to get worse overnight and into tomorrow. We only lost power for a few seconds earlier today, so we're hoping we can get through it with no major issues. We live uphill too so we don't have a lot of flooding although the curbs always get a good amount of water. We've got a generator and a sub pump so I hope we'll be good in case anything does happen.
  • Praying for you families having to endure it :( I live in Ohio and the wind is blowing sooo hard, our house is surrounded by trees and I always worry that with wind like this that they are just going to blow on our house!
  • I'm northeast pa...our house is shaking like crazy! We lost our gutter and a shutter flew off...we somehow still have power. We are right up the st from our local electric company...not sure if that helps. Transformers all blowing up all over the place
  • Im in nyc, bronx. Nothing bad up here, maybe some fallen trees.. real windy & normal amount of rain. All of the subways, busses, bridges, and tunnels are closed. no transit. just cabs, and if you have your own car. Manhattan, brooklyn and I think some of queens are flooded, some power is out.
  • I'm am hour outside nyc tons of wind I still have power but most don't. There are tons of trees down, bridges and roads closed. Something just blew and hit the side of my apartment.
  • edited October 2012
    @Char I hate thinking about that ugh.... (Mayans)
    I can't tag you all but I hope you all stay safe. praying there's not too much damage :-S
  • @heyitsme
    After y2k I don't pay attention to any of that dooms day stuff. I was talking to my husband about this storm and he mention the Mayans. I was like oh sh** thats either true or a coincidence. I have 17 more years with my little man it better be a coincidence.
  • Meanwhile here in bc Canada we've had 5 earthquakes in 2 days. 7.7 , 6.3 , and others around 5. none felt where I am but pretty damn close @char
  • @heyitsme I was gonna ask how that was. Glad you're okay. Hope it stays that way!