1 year old not eating

edited October 2012 in Ages & Stages
My 1 year old lately isn't eating. She will drink a cup of milk in the morning and a few bites of my cereal. Then at lunch i make her food. She will take 3-4 bites and then when i give her another bite she puts her hand in her mouth and takes it out and throws it down. This is with every meal. Why is she doing this?. It is so frustrating. I will tell her no more and put it up and then she starts crying like she wants it. But does the same thing. Any ideas?

Comments

• My 1 y/o is doing the same thing
    Bump
  • Bump...my son was a big eater lol
  • edited October 2012
    My son did the samething for a week then he got sick from his stomach. After that he started eating again! Sometimes it just a growth spurt.
  • My daughter used to do that when she was teething or going through a growth spurt. It usually lasted about a week or so then she would go right back to normal.
  • I've been having this issue for about a week. Now he's been sick for 2 days. Maybe she isn't feeling well?
  • My daughter is the same. I offer her lots of things but she just wants her bottles and I don't push the food. She will eat when she is hungry
  • My daughter did it but I think it was from her teeth she had 4 back teeth coming in and she only wanted her bottle. And she is a big eater. It will get better.
  • My daughter is 2 year old and still does this
  • My bubba is sprouting molars right now and he's also usually a big eater...he's just been picking here and there and having a really good meal probably once/day. i'd just make sure to offer the healthiest options for when she does choose to eat.
  • My daughter was like that..she had a really good appetite before but.then she got.a.bad ear infection and stopped.eating she would.only drink her bottles. So she wasnt gaining any weight and i took her to her pediatrition and he gave her.some vitamins and i started giving her pediasure and her appetite is.good again.. not.as good.as it was in the beginning but she still.eats.good. she eats like.4 times a.day.. and when she does.eat give her food that has a lot of calories.. ask for.the vitamins..
  • Thanks ladies. I will look into the vitamins. Should i give her some pediasure to make sure she is getting enough calories?
  • McKinley isn't a big eater since she turned one. She's so picky and eats small amounts. So I try to make sure what she does get is high in nutrients, so avocado, hemp hearts, tofu, Greek yogurt, eggs etc and next to no treats, she only gets them if she eats all her good food, or at least a good amount of it. (Bear paw cookies, gold fish crackers, cheerios, are all treat foods) and offer her smaller amounts more frequently.
  • I would hold off on the pediasure until you talk to her doctor.