Any plumbers in the family?

Non-baby plumbing advice? My over-worked, slightly grouchy husband fails to see the humor in the situation, so I'm trying to help him without laughing...Last night he accidentally flushed his cell phone. I knew it wasn't a good sign when flushing difficulty was immediately apparent, but my suspicions were confirmed at 6 AM when the toilet started ringing. Any ideas for getting that sucker out without dismantling the toilet? LOL LOL LOL...

Comments

• No but I find it hillarious that it is still ringing!!! Good Luck!!
  • It can't be far in there, I'd try getting it out by hand. Good luck!
  • Get a pretty glove, and start digging. try a plunger. press down gently to make a suction, but not too much pressure.. then pull up quickly!
  • Same thing happened to my brother. They had a party and the toliet was clogged the next day and they tried everything with no luck. They had to unattach the toliet and it was right there in the line . Good luck hopefully you can get to it without removing the toliet
  • I think it's pretty funny, too. It's far in, though. He already tried fishing with a wire hook and can't get it. :(
  • There is none! You have to take the toilet offand turn it upside down and get it. Or get a closet ogger (sp) which is a snake that is specifically made for toilets. This all came from my hub who is a licensed plumber lol
  • what was he doing with the phone near the toilet? lmao thats the question to ask.. sorry i know i shouldnt be laughing but is funny that the phone is still ringing ..
  • Call a Plummer. Lol
  • I think it was in his pocket @Janet_2011 LOL
  • edited November 2012
    Ohh that makes sense LOL but hahahah i though he was been silly and was texting while taking a poop, no lie im guilty of reading pregly sometimes when i sit on the toilet LOL