Mirena topic and links....thought I'd let you know

Comments

• Thanks for posting this. It makes me sick to my stomach. I had more a and thought it was a nightmare. I know there have been many woman on here that have had some major issues from Mirena.
  • I had minera in nov of 2005 and all of the potential side effects were readily available and explained to me then. I think those cases fall more on the practitioner for failing to explain and to some degree the patient. People need to be their own advocates educate yourselves on all positives and negatives and base your decision on that. IMO
  • I researched a lot about mirena, decided it wasnt for me, and decided on the copper Iud. So far no problems with it. Thanks for the info.
  • @cetheridge Agreed!!! I researched it myself and decided not to get one. First my doctor offered it to me before I had kids that alone was crazy. Second I think it falls the the person having surgery or taking medication to research and go to your doctor with educated question. If you don't do that then no one is to blame besides yourself.
  • At the clinic I work with we counsel the patient first about all the risk and side effects and actually have them initial each sentence and sign a "contract" saying that they understand that there are risks, other options of birth control, and they still wish to proceed with it.
  • I hate the stupid thing. I wish I had seen this like 8 months ago... I googled and only found a dew bad things... so I talked to my Dr and ahem more or less pushed me to get it... I have almost all of those symptoms... thought I was dying the other day because my heart was beating super fast... it all makes since now...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.