Gulping sounds

edited November 2012 in Babies Health
Madison (13 m) has a cold and an ear infection. She's been on antibiotics for 3 days, last night was a little rough but this night just got started and it is bad! She has a cough like I've never heard before, when we finally got her to sleep she woke up screaming but not fully awake cause she's so tired and it took 5 minutes to calm her down. After she was calm, she was sitting in my lap and very loudly gulping or something, I've never heard her do it before and I want to make sure she's ok. I've looked online and have found nothing, i talked to the nurse earlier just about the cough and she wasn't concerned (they never are)
Hubby and i can't sleep, please tell us the gulping is normal

Comments

• Usually a baby will gulp if they're sick to their stomach and about to throw up. Or she may just have a ton of mucous in her throat and is trying to swallow it. I hope she gets better soon!
  • You may want to have her sleep near you where you can prop her up at an incline for drainage.
  • @wilsomom thank you! I think she has been throwing up but swallows it
  • @wilsomom ok, next time she wakes up i'll go in there with her
  • Yeah, it might be that the congestion is making her gag enough to throw up just a little, but not a full fledged vomiting...if you know what I mean. :) Poor thing!
  • She was probably choking on phlegm, as it's sticky and can get stuck. Poor baby. :(