my boobs hurt!

edited November 2012 in Breastfeeding
My 1yr old is killing my boobs! the other day she bit me, then the next morning she was crawling on me and kneed me really hard in the breast & it feels bruised now. and every time she breastfeeds she pulls her head back and also pushes sometimes with her hands stretching my nipple. I barely want to feed her anymore :(
I want to keep bfing but the pain is so bad

Comments

• You need to correct her as she does the offenses. If she bites, firmly say no and absolutely no boob for 10 minutes. Let her cry, she needs to learn that the boobs are her source of food not a toy our playtime. Be consistent! When she tugs on boob draw her head in and hold it there, she'll find it uncomfortable and will eventually stop.

Good luck!
  • I know I try to pull her close but she fights so much and makes it worse. sometimes it feels like she's scraping her teeth against it too while nursing cuz I get this random pain with every movement of her head. its almost like she's improperly latched? hmmm idk but I hope it gets better soon @mijita
  • I had the same problem.. it was a phase for Malia, although she still latches roughly sometimes. (14 months)
  • @Mijita @Caroline8_p someone in another group I'm in said she had this feeling also. turns out she was pregnant lol
  • I was like ummmm....crap lol.
    but Sophia is teething bad so idk! she bites my shirt and shakes her head with it in her mouth lol. there's 4 coming in but only one has broke through
  • I'll be watching for any news, lol. :)
  • She's chowing down on a frozen yogurt tube right now and loving it :)
  • Lol yes I will be testing soon I guess :)
  • We weren't trying but also not preventing
  • Is there any possibility you could be pregnant? If so you should test. But so it could be the fact she's teething that get her to do that..
  • @Mylove2 I actually tested this morning and it was negative :)