Not baring weight on leg

So I have already talked to the doctors about it but I thought I would ask you ladies as well.

Since Makenzie started to pull herself up (been about a month and a half, before she even started crawling) I noticed that she wont put weight on her right foot. When she stands (while holding onto something) she puts her left floot flat and keeps her right foot on her tip toes. Sometimes she even stands on both tip toes. She can put both feet flat but when she does she bends over and doesn't bare weight on both legs at the same time for long. It doesn't seem like she is in pain but it just seems so werid to me.
The doc did xrays on her hips and everything came back fine. he is sending us to an orthopedic doc.

Anyone else have anything similar?

Comments

• Idk but here's a bump!
  • I dont know anything about this sorry. But I hope they find out why she wont/cant do that. Good luck. Sorry im no help.
  • My daughter sees a orthopedic ped. Because she has hip dysplasia. When we would hold on to her waist she wouldn't put all of her weight on her left leg kind of like your describing. Her left hip was completely dislocated though so if the X rays looked normal I'm not completely sure :-/. Hopefully the ortho will have more information for you, sorry I couldn't be more help! Have you gotten an appointment scheduled yet?
  • My son just started putting his feet flat since getting confidence to walk without holding onto things. Always on his tippy toes till just the other day. My doctor didnt seem concerned, she said after 18 months she would be conerned but just advised me to use some nice walking shoes. Did that and he got blisters on his pinky toes bc he would walk tiptoe in those too... I know it isnt exactly similar to your daughter, but I thought it may reassure you that maybe walking starts a little awkwardly for some kids?
  • @Bertrang14 The only ortho that takes our insurance around here is the Childrens hospital (which we are there all the time for Makenzie's cancer anyway) they can't get us in untill Feb. I talked to her Ped and he said no he wants her in sooner and so did her cancer doc. They are working on getting her a sooner appointment. I haven't tired just holding her from her waist because she stands on her own.
    @KayyCarter I thought maybe it was just starting to walk too and she wasnt use to it or something but when will try and walk along things with the left leg but its like the right leg wont go with her. Even when she is sittin on the floor and pulls up onto something she uses her left leg first AWLAYS and then the right leg just drags up with it.
    I will try and get a video of her doing it so you can see better what I am talking about
  • I understand now, hopefully seeing an ortho will help and heal whatever is wrong. Baby girl is a fight though :)
  • We go to the children's hospital also, hopefully they can get her in sooner and you can get some answers!!
  • @Bertrang14 where are you from?
  • i live in wisconsin but the children's hospital we go to is in St. Paul MN. Where do you live?
  • Illinois We go to the childrens Hospital in Chicago
  • We're they ever able to get you an appointment sooner?
  • Ugh! Is there another children's hospital close enough they could refer you to?
  • I'm sorry....I can't help but how everything comes out ok.
  • Not sure about another hospital. I am going to keep calling around to see if anyone takes the medical card (this is my problem no one takes the card)