How to [suggestion]...

edited November 2012 in Health
Any natural ways to draw fluid out of the ear?

Comments

• Garlic juice, tilt head parallel to ground and place palm over ear for a few minutes then release. That's all I got.
  • When we were little my mom used a hot water bottle and we layed on that with a towel over top of it.
  • Thank you, I'm desperate. I'm sure I have an ear infection, but want to see if drawing out some fluid will help.

@sands3, @trixiesmom8
  • Hope you can take care of it at home without meds.
  • Garlic oil or homeopathic ear drops in the ear, and massage with long strokes from just under the earlobe down the neck - it helps encourage the fluid to drain away from the ear.
  • @Ourlittlenugget; can you get garlic oil at Walmart?
  • Possibly; it depends on the inventory at your walmart, but you can look it up on walmart.com and see if it's available for pickup at your location. It's often with the vitamin supplements; you can just break open a capsule. Also check the homeopathic stuff made my similisan or hyland's. My town carries it at every grocery store and drugstore in addition to walmart, but I know every town is different.
  • @Ourlittlenugget; thank you! I was just laying down with my LO and a big pop followed by a large amount of fluid came out. Some pressure released, but I know it'll only build again. Thanks again!
  • Just saving this thread for later on :)
  • I hope it goes away for you! Last year I got an ear infection & couldn't hear out of that ear for 8 weeks, it was horrible!
  • news paper and light it at the end there air n the ear will come out
  • No problem! I've had tons of earaches and ear infections. I know how miserable it can be. :-(
  • Thank you ladies!
  • Hey @mijita.. my ears had a lot of pressure in them, they also would pop and drain and my Dr gave me allergy nose spray that I use before bedtime and it cleared it up in 24 hours. I still use it daily so the pressure won't build up again.

Do you have seasonal allergies?
  • @YNVTish; I have chronic allergies and suffer from chronic ear infections. I think I'm coming down with a sinus infection. Boo!
  • Tilt your head and pour peroxide in it leave it for about 3 minutes and straighten your head. It works for me
  • There is an ear wax candle at Walmart. I think its bees wax or something like that it works.
  • edited November 2012
    Thanks for the suggestions ladies! I should have known with my chronic ear infections that I should have been seen sooner. My face started to swell and it started to travel into my sinuses. I was draining bloody mucous and won't even mention the pressure headaches. I went to urgent care after the pressure and deafness became too much. As the Dr. looked into my ear she said, ”your ear is a total mess! You have so much puss that the way it's oozing, I'm almost certain the eardrum is ruptured, but I can't see past the puss to confirm.”

So, I'm hoping two different antibiotics should do their job in the next 14 days.
  • Yikes! I had that as a baby. I'm sorry; ouch! :-(
  • @mijita ... EnNelson72 on MFP goes through this all the time. Matter of fact I believe she's on meds right now too. Ask her ..