im worried about my friend

So I'm 24 weeks, this girl has been the best friend to me for the last 3-4 years I love her to death she is a fighter of cancer well last night she told me she did coke, u gave this girl a job with me have helped her through everything nd she is my daughters.favorite aunt from day one she has been There when I found out I was prego with my daughter til now she 18 months and has been there through this pregnancy too I'm so worried about her today she went to work and crying hat she didn't feel good so I got called in which is fine but everyone there knows Sundays r my only day I get to see my hubbycause he works nights and I work days but I don't know what to do with my friend I love her but this doesn't just affect r friendship it work to

Comments

• edited November 2012
    Well, hopefully she learned her lesson (feeling so crappy) and never touches the stuff again. Until she regains your trust, keep her at arm's-length and away from your daughter (at the very least supervised...and make her leave her coat & purse outside your home). Maybe then, she'll realize her decision has a ripple effect and she'll think twice about doing it again!
  • I kinda agree u want to make sure she knows she has support but u need to be careful as well.
  • @math_mommy I'm the only one she told and I don't want her to feel like I don't care about her, I already told her that I don't like it and that I don't want to see her do it again, when I got called to work first thing I did was call her tell her I don't want that to come in-between work and us we r closer then she is with her family and i can relate to her curiosity about it I mean when u grow up and that's all u see is someones obsession with it u kinda want to know why or what's the big deal I my self never have and never will cause I have always seen the outcome and my self have been affected cause ofmy parents doing it growing up and I don't want to loose her friendship and I have told her how I felt
  • @Jules I told her I would turn.her in to intervention and would call everyone, since she don't want anyone to know I have told her I do.t like certain people she hangs outwith cause I grew up with most of them
  • Unfortunately a person has to be passing out with needles in their arms before intervention the show would help. Plus, she doesn't sound like she has crossed the line from abuse to addiction...yet. I recommend some tough love and seting firm boundaries as the best way to show you care while doing what's in your power to keep her from spiraling out of control.
  • I would let her know you do not support what she is doing but you also want to make sure you don't push her away. If she feels like she has no one she may start to abuse drugs as a way out. Also if you are condiming she may just not tell you when she does that type of stuff to avoid the fight and you'll never know exactly how far into she is. I would also make sure she knows that you don't want drugs in your home or around your lo but don't make her so uncomfortable and embarrassed she won't want to come visit.
  • Well good that u are honest but I think she is probably just going to no tell you anymore you have to remember that it's a problem she has and no one likes to admit their problem
  • I've always been honest with her about everythinh and same with her she know how I feel and since I talked to her last I haven't heard from her when I went to work they said she looked like death had hit her she was pale and really looked sick I know for a fact since she had her cancer she does get sick often now I just want her to understand what I'm feeling I love her like family and include her as such she is my kids aunt I just don't want to see her fall
  • Well all u can do is tell her and show her that u are here for her. And make sure she's safe as well. I know it's hard but that's all u can really do right now and cant stress about the things u do not have control of.