water for ultrasound

edited November 2012 in Second Trimester
So.I'm almost 14 weeks and have a follow up ultrasound today the receptionist at the doctors office told me I needed to drink 32 oz of water before I go in. Do I really need to at this point? The doctor didn't say anything about it, I remember with the my daughter having to do it during my first trimester but not after that. I feel like if I drink anymore right now I'm just gonna throw it up.

Comments

• They do it so they can see baby more clearer and can do the accurate measurements I had to at 20 weeks myself
  • My dr wants u to if ur early but I never did it an never had a problem if I felt like I would be sick I wouldn't do it
  • I always had to drink before. I don't remember amount though. Just drink a lot, but don't make yourself sick. I remember having to pee sooooo bad.
  • I only did the first time but I wasn't able to hold it in so I peed right before and they never noticed!
  • I would do it. When I had my 20 week ultrasound they said to drink water and do not pee. It was torture, but the tech told me she's glad that I held it in because then would have had to drink the water and wait like an hour before I can get my.ultrasound. so am glad I did
  • My ultrasound went fine, thanks everyone.
  • I say there's no need for all that extra water! Your bladder has a way of filling itself up again. The techs should be able to do the ultrasound no problem they're pros.