croup??

edited November 2012 in Babies Health
So I'm waiting on the Drs office to open but my daughter (she's 13 months) went from a slight running nose and sneezing to at 1am sounding like she's barking and crying which leads to more barking. I called the on call nurse and they think its croup the only reason I'm unsure is because my hubby has some upper respiratory junk going on..this is day 4 for him but no coughing just sinus crap. Anyone have any input? I know they are going to somehow blame this on me not getting her the flu shot but that's bs.

Comments

• edited May 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @gatorbob thank you!!! I feel horrible for her, she's whimpering and wheezing in her sleep and then barks when she's awake.
  • If it is croup, that's not too bad. It is viral and will go away on its own. Best treatment is to sit in steaming bathroom and then take baby into cool air directly after. Cool mist humidifier as well :)
  • @captivated that's what we've been doing to get through the night, I just have a funny feeling it may be the flu instead of croup...maybe I'm wrong and I'm far from a Dr so I prob am wrong lol but I just find it to be a huge coincidence that dads sick and now this is happening. From what I hear the flu is upper respiratory this year?? Or maybe that was just my Drs trying to force the vaccination on me?
  • My son had croup when he was 1. That was a week from hell. He was soo sick. I practically didnt sleep that week. He had some kinda meds every 2-3 hours cause he was on a few different meds plus the nebulizer.
  • @steph_due_101611 what were his other symptoms besides the cough?
  • My son had croup a couple mths ago. He was fine during the dat but at night he would get that barking cough really bad to where he'd cry everytime he coughed. We took him to the er because it was on a fri night and they said he's fine maybe its just a virus. Well he got worse so Mon we took him to his dr and she noticed right away that he had croup. She put him on a breathing treatment and he actually got to sleep that night. After 3 days of using the breathing treatment it was gone. Hope your lo gets bettter soon.
  • My soon had it last yr. I took him to the Dr and they just gave him a quick breathing treatment.
  • @juliansmommy thank you, it so scary!! @sands3 I hope they do that in office today for her.
  • @everyone its def croup, Dr wants to wait and she how bad tonight gets bc he said the second night is the worst before giving her steroids or a breathing treatment
  • Im glad i saw this post because, trying to make a long story short, my bd said he will not be taking our daughter cus his neices have croup. I thought he was making it up. Glad to hear its real, very sorry to hear ur lo has it and hope she gets better soon. :)