talking

edited November 2012 in Ages & Stages
Anyone's LO not talking except for the babble mamama or dadadada at or after 13 months? I'm starting to get worried...

Comments

• My daughter babbles alot of words sometimes there not understandable than again sometimes they are. Try listening closely to anything he says.
  • My Ollie is like that. He says the occasional hi, or bye...but I am not worried. He is more observant.
  • Yep right here 13m and she just babbles mostly. the only thing I understand is when she comes to me and says "MUH" for milk. I'm sure it will (hopefully) come soon! I worry because my son was non verbal until 3 years old but he has aspergers (form of autism)
    there are very noticeable differences between them like he was not at all sociable whereas my daughter will smile and wave at anyone lol. I still worry because of her hand flapping thing but its really just wait and see right now.
  • Really as long as he's (she?) is meeting other milestones don't worry too much. especially watch for the social stuff like waving, peek a boo, etc
  • My daughter's almost 14 months and has yet to say her first word. She babbles a lot and says "uh" for everything.
  • He waves, plays peek a boo, gives kisses...he knows what we are saying. Like if we ask if he's hungry or wants to go outside he gets excited, he will lay down if u tell him too so that he can drink his sippy. Just doesn't talk.
  • edited November 2012
    @JoJosmomma I don't think I've ever met or took care of any kids under the age of 3 years old that have talked normally, they usually do babble and only speak a few words.. from my experience.
  • Yeah I guess I worded it wrong. He hasn't said any words other than babbling mamama or dadada...and we are not even sure or knows he's doing that.The nurse at the Drs office said he should b saying mama and dada and 3 other words by 12 months.
  • My daughter is almost 17 months and can say mama and dada. She's JUST starting to try to say words, like bopa (my dad) and nana (her dads mom) don't be too worried. I'm enjoying the silence now, cause I know once she starts, I'll be posting about how to shut her up haha
  • From what I've read 15 months is the age where they should have at least ONE word :)
  • Oh wait yes it is look at the when to be concerned section near the bottom :)
  • Yea my son is almost 13 months and says nothing! He babbles momma and dada but I don't think he knows who they belong to. Sometimes I think he says hi when I walk in the room but maybe I just want to think he's saying that.
  • Ty ladies! I feel better!
  • My 13mo babbles up a storm but no actual words yet. I was getting a little worried until I saw this post lol. Glad to see my baby bear is normal.
  • My daughter is 15 months and doesn't really say anything other than her language but I was so happy when I asked her what the ducky said she said quack quack. Maybe she could say more if I spent more time teaching her. I was starting to worry too but I guess this is normal!