Dr Phil

edited November 2012 in Current Events
Omg, this episode is making me want to jump thru the tv and punch this woman in her face. Her name is tiffany, she hates her daughter. She beats her, tells her she will shoot her and thinks nothing she is doing is wrong! She says black children need to be raised different?! My kids are half blacks and my fiancee never mentioned anything about raising them different...she also feels time puts don't help ..but believes beating her child is helping?! I am so heated and just want Dr Phil to beat some sense into her...vent over!

Comments

• edited November 2012
    That's not true. Their different yes but they deffinitely don't need to be treated like that.
  • Can't stand people like that. Just because their black don't mean they need to get a beating.. wtf.
  • Are you serious? Why are people so ignorant now a days? All kids are different, that doesn't mean you treat them like that. At the end of the day they are kids. People with that mentality do not deserve to reproduce
  • I saw that yesterday. Made me sick to my stomach. Wtf is wrong with her.

@mylove2 what do you mean by they're different?? Aren't all kids more or less the same??!
  • I saw part of that episode. The mother was determined that her daughter not be raised by a non-bio parent (as was the tradition in her family). Then, she was trying to give the "I went through it and I turned out okay" excuse in regard to abuse. It was absolutely infuriating!!!
  • edited November 2012
    @natashalynn Well yeah they are more or less the same what I mean from my experience is that the african side challenges their parents and families differently....also the rules of how they get punished is different while I see amongst alot of white backrounds their very light on their kids which gets there kids to also act out rebellious when they become teenagers. Temperments are a little different but yeah all kids have simularities... meaning is there will be a time in every humans life when their not gonna get everything they want so why don't you teach them how to deal with not getting everything they want when their younger? After a while the kid that never got to hear no will become more angry once a no is told to them...

It's kind of hard to explain without me sounding like some hateful person.
  • edited November 2012
    Ya I still don't understand. I'm white and I wasn't given everything I wanted, nor was my boyfriend. Your comments are coming across as racist. I'M not sure if that's what you mean or if its just hard to understand via internet. But you are very much entitled to your opinion.
  • @natashalynn yes! I felt like I wanted to throw up, go get the daughter and hug her at the same time I wanted to strangle the mom. I was so shocked how she had all these degrees but didn't think what she was doing was child abuse.
    @perly I know, I mean regardless of race there are good and bad parents out there. We are a white family and they way I was raised is no way different than the way my fiancee was raised who is black. Also regardless of race I think parents who don't parent correctly their kids will reflect that bad parenting.
    @MommyLovesSparkle I know, we don't live in the dark ages. I really think kids are kids and just need guidance and don't need specific rules for different races...I don't know this lady just made me so sick. Her poor daughter:'(
  • I know! I went and hugged my baby. I couldn't imagine telling my daughter I was going to kill her. I can't imagine she'll have custody of her child much linger now that this has aired.
  • Im hispanic, and i've met parents who agree with the kind of discipline i believe in and then others who don't. They way of discipline should not vary from race to race, but from the child's need. Even at that, no child deserves to be beaten. I understand a little spank once every blue moon but not daily.
  • @Math_Mommy obviously she didn't turn out ok if she is beating her child huh
  • @2600wifey Yeah, I think all parents try to pick elements of the way they were raised to copy, elements to scrap, and some to change/improve upon. What blew my mind was the mother was choosing to repeat cyclical abuse from her childhood...because that was okay to her...but letting someone else raise her kid (another family tradition) was awful.
  • I'm black and trust me... We're all the same! I tape all of Dr Phil shows.. which one is this, I.can't find it.
  • @ynvtish its called moms that hate their daughters. It was super messed up.
  • @YNVTish that's what I'm saying is we are all human and need attention and love and guidance. She was saying how white people raise kids different and that's why their kids misbehave. I'm sorry but I'm white and my parents have five of us and not one of us ever got in trouble. The worst was I got detention for chewing gum in sixth grade. I was the only one out of five to even get detention. So its not a matter of race its a matter of actually being present in your child's life and giving them balanced guidance. Like you said its no different, you can be black, white, Asian...and if you don't keep active and consistent in a child's life it won't matter what race they are. And to say you spank your kid til your out of breath and the next thing you're sayin is what you do isn't child abuse there is something terribly wrong with this ladys mind. You have to watch it. I watched it bc I feel I learn from these things and Dr Phil will pretty much not keep his mouth shut and call anyone out. It's hard to watch I missed the first lady but the second one tiffany was ridiculous
  • Perfectly and nicely put!