Different worries...

edited November 2012 in Pregnant
Im starting to think that teen pregnancy is a lot more common in big cities than out in the suburbs. Im watching 16 and pregnant, and these girls are a lot more worried about what their friends are going to say than the actual important stuff. I do not condone teen pregnancy, but i do know that a lot of teens are mature and become very good parents. I was a teen myself when i got pregnant the first time. I was 18 and it hit hard. I know that for a teen that has school going on, an unexpected pregnancy is a lot to take in. However, i do not remember caring about others opinion. My first thought was "how am i going to support this baby financially?" I guess we definitely are all different.

Was anyone a teen parent? And how did you take it?

Comments

• My sister is she was 17 giving birth and she was dedicated mom untill we told her to go out w friends once a while now she does it to much and working a lot I raise my niece
  • edited November 2012
    Not I..but my cousin is 15! Going on to 16 bby #2!!!!!
    we are not close.. she's from my dads side and I don't really talk to that side.
    I wish I could help and encourage her w/good things I'm life.. not saying having a baby isn'
    But things she should enjoy as child!
    She's lives w/her 19 yr old bf!
    She very very very immature and annoys me w/her dumb..I don't know how to spell status..
    Lol excuse me!
    I don't know how she is for a mom though.. I haven't hung out w/her since she was 12!

Once her status said something about after she had her son it seemed like everyone was coping her! And gave a speech on how she's still w/her bby dad.
    And said her son was plan.
    And yesturday shes asking what color should she die her hair..after she just permed it! And talking about getting a tat soon.. but she's prego!?
  • That really sucks. My mom helped, but my hubby and i had to kinda pause and get full time jobs. i unfortunately lost the baby at 17 weeks. That brought my hubby and i together a lot more. Now we are happily married and live on our own and expecting :)
    I thank my mom for the tough love. It helped me grow up.
  • But yea.. there's lot of teen pregnancies here!
    The kids just seemed to do more at a younger age these days
  • I was 18 when i got pregnant, gave birth at 19 & now I'm 20 :)
    I was extremely excited, I didn't care what people thought. I knew I was about to give my life up to my daughter and take care of her every way I can and I was happy too, now I am and I'm damn good at it ;) It is kind of hard though, but its not anything that I can just give up on, because I'm going to do all that I can to give my daughter the great life she deserves! No matter how difficult it will get its going to be great in the end.
  • I was 17 when i had my son. I didnt care about what anybody thought, but i didnt know what i was letting myself in for either. To be honest, i was NOT ready. I think thats why i waited ten years before having another. But i wouldnt change my son for the world and I never regret having him for a moment.
  • I am a teen mom. I got pregnant at 16 had her at 17. Shes 13mo old now. I was young and stupid but she has chainged me a lot. Idk how the girls on that show act how they do and not seem to worried about anything.
  • @acw104 the show is paying them big bucks so they dont have to worry about money, and the more drama they make in their lives the more they'll be on tv
  • Yah I kno it just makes me mad bc it then makes everyone elts think we are all like that. I don't know how menny times I've Ben told unnessisary comments or judgements just based on my age n what tv shows makes them think.
  • I live in Houston, Texas so teen pregnancy is VERY common here. You never see one girl singled out because she's pregnant. I know so many girls that get pregnant, have the baby and go right back to the party life they had. Its sad. A lot of parents think about helping so the teen can stay in school, but not many do that.
    Then again, i know many girls that step up and they become wonderful mothers. They give the father an ultimatum, and get rid of him if he's not doing his part. Honestly, i think that the route of a teen parent is determined by the parent of the teen. If you as a parent allow your teen to resume life without any responsibility over that child, then they will do so. My mom let me stay in her house, but i had to pay rent. I already had a car note and insurance payment, but she didn't budge. I still remember what she told me. She said "you took an adult decision, so from now on you will have adult responsibilities." And now i thank her. I would not be the person i am today if it wasn't for her. I think teen parents need a little tough love.