vomiting-need sugestions

edited November 2012 in Babies Health
Tonight and 2 nights ago my 16 month old was up all night throwing up. I cannot figure out a difference between these 2 nights and last night when she left perfectly fine. I dnt even know where to start! Any suggestions/questions to help me possibly narrow this down?

Comments

• Were there any New foods, or something that didn't agree with them? That would be my first guess.
  • edited November 2012
    Forgot to mentions, the weirdest part is it happens about the same time both nights and all next day she will be fine. It starts with her waking up coughing, she'll begin to cry which catches my attention and then she throws up. She also manages to fall back asleep about the same time too...
    @natashalynn i considered the first time it might've been new foods but i asked my mother (who had her while i was at work ll day) and she said she didnt feed her anything different than she usually does, so no new foods. :\ Ty for the guess tho...
  • A couple weeks my son was puking horribly! So much that I took him to the ER. No fever or anything. Dr said was something going around cuz He had seen 8 other young kids and infants that night for the same thing. They just gave him Zofran and I only fed him pedialite til he hadn't puked for 24 hours.
  • Ive been only giving her pedialite and apple juice all day up until jus before bed i gave her milk again. I considered maybe lactose intolerance but she would get sick about an hr after drinking not several. Ty for the info! :) @smcox
  • Sorry I couldn't be of more help. That was the first time he had ever thrown up. When he eats something he's allergic to it comes out the other end... And it's horrible! Lol his birthday party was today and he somehow must have gotten into something he's allergic to (he has a lot of food allergies) and his diapers and gas was rancid! We cloth diaper and when he eats an allergen it's the ONLY time he has a blow out.
  • Has she had a cold? Or sound raspy, like phlegm? My son will cough and gag on mucous, causing vomiting.
  • Could it just be a bug going around? It's going around bad where I live. My 1 year old was throwing up all day yesterday. But my friends 16 month old had it on & off for a week :( and with her it was also only at night, or in the evening. She would be fine all day and throw up at night. They surrounded the outside of her crib in towels, lol! But she ate fine, played, and for the most part seemed fine otherwise. Good luck!
  • @smcox im sry to hear he has so many allergies, my lo is only allergic to pampers so far (crossin fingers) lol but i hope he had a good birthday tho! :)
    @luvmy5 she would only get raspy after throwing up for awhile and i would never see any phlegm.
    @baileygoose im thinking it might be the bug thts going around. Her symptoms sound exactly like yu described with ur friends lo. I was told one of her cousins was sick tht she may hav been around, so she couldve gotten tht. The first night i put 2 bumpers around her crib lol
    Ty everyone, im gunna call and schedule an appt for her 2maro, hopefully she can get in quick!
  • It sounds like a bug, I would say reflux but Idk poor baby, good luck!!